• melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh you knew this would happen :rolleyes:

Source

Two 'no guns' United Dairy Farms convenience stores in Dayton robbed within 24 hours

printable page
    Submitted by cbaus on Fri, 06/11/2010 - 15:00.
    by Tim Inwood
    CPZSign.jpg
    According to news reports this week, two United Dairy Farmer's stores in Dayton (Wyoming Street and North Main Street ) were robbed within 24 hours. Apparently the thugs missed the little 'no guns' sign on the door UDF corporate put there to keep him out. Or just maybe the miscreant was a bit wiser than the UDF corporate stuffed shirts who put the sign up. The crook was certainly smart enough to seek out someplace where he knew his victims would not be armed and thus would be at his mercy.

About two hundred and thirty years ago Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria) wrote:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. … Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." — (Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776.)​
    Why do some have to keep relearning such obvious lessons? A better question is why are some so obtuse they don’t see the piercing logic of the lesson and act on it?

These incidents serve to remind why I and anyone else who values their life won't do business with UDF. They have made a foolish decision to be a criminal protection zone and put their patrons and store employees in danger by attracting thugs by posting their stores as 'no guns' zones. There is no argument criminals prefer unarmed victims and seek out such places. The policy is eventually going to get someone killed. My advice to our readers is to not do business with a company who has callously decided to put you in danger by making it safer for a hoodlum to rob the establishment. Your life is worth it, don't be sheep to the slaughter.

Tim Inwood is the current Legislative Liaison and Past President of the Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association, an Endowment Member of the NRA and Life Member of the OGCA, Republican Central Committeeman for Chester Township A, in Clinton County, Ohio, and a volunteer for Buckeye Firearms Association.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    carl lindner wanted to do business with one of my relatives during the depression but my family thought it too risky. funny how things works out. :(

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They won't see the connection. To them, the answer will be even more restrictive gun control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    You had to know that something like what I'm about to write was going to occur... you had to!

So does that mean "no shooting the bull" in their stores? :)

And yeah, I realize a person milks a cow.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I enjoy watching the "Worlds Wildest Police Videos" shows on the tube. The most entertaining ones to watch are the convenience stores where the bad guy comes in flashing a piece and the clerk pulls out his "dirty harry" and opens up on the B.G. I bet the B.G. never realized that he could do such a good Jesse Owens impression!

This of course is in direct contrast to the ones where the bad guy is pistol whipping the defenseless clerk who is then told to get down on their knees prior to being shot. Those videos typically end with the phrase "The suspect is still at large" or the phrase "The clerk didn't survive".

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Good, They deserve what they get. I hope they get robbed every day until they go out of buissness.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Holy Cow! Those robbers are sure in trouble now. They took guns into a non-gun zone. Don't they know that in Ohio, those signs carry the weight of the law? It's almost as if those guys were, I don't know, maybe criminals? What could they have been thinking.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I've been working in the area of the one on N Main. No way in hell i would ever go in there with the signs they have stuck to the door. That entire town is nothing but a S*%t hole. We have AC compressors, copper wire, and lumber stolen on a daily basis.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    This is horrible.

What is the world coming to ... when criminals don't obey the laws. I think we need more laws and more lawyers, yeah that'll stop em cold.

Top Bottom