• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What's up with the badges in the display case?
    Must be some of these:
    heavybadge.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As for the customer, as noted it could be that she's simply trying out the trigger, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Since we have no further information to go on, there's no legitimate reason to surmise anything unsafe nor nefarious.

As for the counterperson, perhaps she is demonstrating the trigger, as well. Likely not, but if she attending the female in the first image, it's possible she was holding the revolver and demonstrating how easy (or difficult) the revolver trigger is to pull relevant to a semi-auto.

In either case, we could speculate that it's poor trigger discipline and violation of the safety rules, but that's mere speculation. Presuming, on the other hand, that the female counterperson is attending to the female customer, these actions are perfectly acceptable presuming the firearms were safety checked.

I've never purchased, nor would ever purchase, a firearm without checking out the trigger while making a buying decision in the store. 'Sight in' on a safe 'target', engage trigger, get a feel for the firearm. Perfectly normal, acceptable, proper sales method, and should be encouraged by the staff for anyone looking to buy.

We want to encourage new firearms aficionados and add to our numbers. Therefore, we educate and support rather than denigrate and condemn.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did anybody even look at the pics? There are clearly targets hanging on the walls of the shop........they WANT customers to test fire their guns! I agree with OP, I'd never go back in that shop!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

:):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You're probably right. Carrying a flare gun for EDC would be kinda over the top. :):

It's for low light situations. Fire your flare first, then take out the baddies.
    Also handy for setting off propane tanks in the general vicinity of zombies.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did anybody even look at the pics? There are clearly targets hanging on the walls of the shop........they WANT customers to test fire their guns! I agree with OP, I'd never go back in that shop!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

:):
    Actually, not a bad idea. If customers will be dry firing, then indicating the "safe" direction with a target is pretty smart. Beats having them wave it all around.

But just to keep my INGO rep.... -1 Don's.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Wow, I always never wanted to see the inside of Don's...
    I have been exactly once. I met a fellow INGOer there to do a trade once and always heard the stories so after our business was concluded I went to see for myself. It was as bad as everyone had said and maybe worse. I saw the world's only $1000.00 Taurus 1911 used Glocks at new price new Glocks for $800.00 I couldn't keep from laughing and walked out.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Does nobody else check the trigger on a gun before buying it? :dunno: Seriously, I always do, but I don't sweep people with the muzzle and I always point it at the ground.

Yes, I believe so.

I always pull the trigger. Multiple times. Slow, fast, just to see if I like it.

Top Bottom