• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've been on the hunt for a 20" AR upper lately and I noticed something, you don't see many anymore! Not that I don't like the carbine, I do. But there's just something nice about that M16A1/A2 or A4 look that catches my eye, anybody else? :D

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    AR but it's mine:D
    DSC_0876.jpg

M16A1 is a classic! :yesway:

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I've been on the hunt for a 20" AR upper lately and I noticed something, you don't see many anymore! Not that I don't like the carbine, I do. But there's just something nice about that M16A1/A2 or A4 look that catches my eye, anybody else? :D

Catches my eye as well, literally. I am in the market for one myself, I like to shoot irons and it's just easier for me to focus on the front sight on a 20" barrel.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like all the 20" versions, they just look better in my opinion. I've had a few carbines and while I like them I just enjoy the longer barreled version better. DSA is th echeapest I have found a government profile 20" upper so far, $290 w/o bcg or charging handle. I already have those so that's probably what I am going to go with. :dunno: I shouldn't have got rid of my DPMS 20", I miss that rifle!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like all the 20" versions, they just look better in my opinion. I've had a few carbines and while I like them I just enjoy the longer barreled version better. DSA is th echeapest I have found a government profile 20" upper so far, $290 w/o bcg or charging handle. I already have those so that's probably what I am going to go with. :dunno: I shouldn't have got rid of my DPMS 20", I miss that rifle!

Just hold it before you buy it!!! I recently held a doublestar 20" AR and there was something completely different/wrong about the rear sight. The peep hole wasn't the right size and it didn't feel right to me.

I like the size and weight of the 16" carbines, but I love the better shooting of the 20" AR's. I have a 20" bushmaster Hbar with the removable carry handle and it's darn accurate with run of the mill ammo. There was one just like mine for sale in the classifides and even though I already have one, I tried to justify buying another. Mine had some bugs to work out early on, but a 20" AR in the hands of someone who knows how to use one is a beautiful thing.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yea I like the bushmaster in the classifieds, way too far away for me though. And I already had a good one but I traded it for an AK package. The only thing that made me feel better about letting it go was that I wanted a flattop model and that one was fixed carry handle. I'm going to finish this A4 and keep it!! If I have to chain it down :):

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Posted many times already, but here we go again:

20110504162614.jpg

I'm telling ya, piecing together was much cheaper. I paid $775 total (excluding BUIS and RDS) for my A4. BCM wanted about $1100 for the base rifle. My upper is a Bushie. It may not be Colt or DD or BCM, but it is CL'd, 1/7, MPI and it is a government profile. Lots of manufacturers make 20 inch rifles, but i either had to sacrifice the twist rate, the chrome-lining or take an HBAR.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My current build is a 20".

Lightweight profile 20" polygonal rifled barrel
    SJC Titan Compensator
    DD Lite 12.0 Rail
    JP Adjustable FSP
    WOA detachable carry handle
    DD BCG
    DD LPK
    Noveske Lower
    Geissele Hi Speed trigger
    A1 stock

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    picture.php

picture.php

Built this one myself--
    Delaware Mach. lower
    DPMS LPK
    Used A1 stock
    Complete used upper marked C MP Chrome Bore (I think its a Colt)
    Total cost $475
    And I love it!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Very nice rifles guys, very nice. And yes I agree on the cost, I will have less in this one than any other so far. A little over $500 if I go with the DSA upper. I'm just glad to see I am not alone with the 20" love!!! :D That A1 is awesome, makes me want on of those also!!

Top Bottom