• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Btw thanks IndyMonkey for letting me shoot your wolf, I enjoyed breaking in my ar with it.:ar15:

:eek:
    anim_head_slap.gif
    HOW DARE YOU SHOOT A WOLF!!!!

:D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Well...that and $12 worth of chain :D

I gotta find a good, cheap way to mount these things.

Also, we probably should advise against shooting directly at target holders :dunno:
    Braided steel cable will last a bit longer for hanging steel plates.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    1k of 223
    500 of for-Tay
    I knew you were using up some ammo.....but I didn't know it was that much!!:rockwoot:
    100 of 7.62
    200 of 5.56
    150 of 9mm

Who picked up all the brass?
    Someone got a lot!!!!

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Lol!!! They make clamps that hold them together.Kinda looks like a muffler clamp.

I've got some of the same steel targets. The steel whire would work, but does present the added fun of clamping the free ends.

I use some very small chain (the smallest they sell at home depot). You can loop it through the two holes in the steel and have the tag ends opposite the target. I've just screwed a deck screw through those ends into a 2x4. That holds it very solidly, and allows for the swing.

So long as you don't shoot the chain links (liked was happening Saturday) it holds up quite nicesly

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I've got some of the same steel targets. The steel whire would work, but does present the added fun of clamping the free ends.

I use some very small chain (the smallest they sell at home depot). You can loop it through the two holes in the steel and have the tag ends opposite the target. I've just screwed a deck screw through those ends into a 2x4. That holds it very solidly, and allows for the swing.

So long as you don't shoot the chain links (liked was happening Saturday) it holds up quite nicesly
    You can get cable clamps at ant decent hardware store.
    I can get cable up to 1" thick. I think 3/8 would be thick enough.
    I have a bunch of choker cables. They have loops at both ends that are reinforced with steel.
    Next shoot I'll bring some if someone reminds me.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Maybe bungee cord would be more forgiving? I mean, the dynamics are right...right?

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I managed to scavenge quite a bit of the .40 brass after the shooting stopped. I'm glad I made the choice to come to the shoot instead of working. Got to meet a lot of people, shoot new guns, got my GSG mag from IndyMonkey, and bought some AR500 steel targets.

Thanks again to .38 for setting this up, to Savage for the hot dogs, to everyone that let me try out their toys, and everyone else for making it a fun time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom