• ...and so much more!
  • pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Boring day at work, i thought this would be a good thread for the day :D

I would like to share my thoughts on the shortage and price increase we have seen this year. Feel free to chime in and express your opinion.

First of all this year kind of brought forth a perfect storm in my opinion.
    1.) The year is 2012, myan hoopla. Caused some of the population to purchase guns & ammo
    2.) Gov buys 40 mill rounds... (Mmmmmk)
    3.) 2 wars
    4.) Gun shows on TV making guns attractive to people who would not normally be interested.
    5.) Tax Refunds! (This will only add to the crunch at the beggining of the year)

My prediction for the next 3 months is that more guns will come onto the market as most people have already made their purchase with refund money. So manufacturers will overproduce and the used market will get an influx of guns from the people who bought with refund money and are now broke. (Sweet!)

Ammo will prob continue to be scarse and expensive through the end of the year, due to the 2012 scenario. However it should be plentiful and cheap around May of 2013. (Gotta wait for people to blow refund money again!)

So what do you think? Am I way off track here or am I pretty close on my acessment of the situation?

Posted from phone btw, sorry if its a hard read.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds right on to me. Personally, there have been a few purchases I've been unable to make due to availability issues.

Top Bottom