• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In anticipation of the RockCastle pro am I'm taking the week of August 20 off.
    And doing these on Sundays makes for no work conflicts. Fantastic, looks like a great season to beat you guys like a drum is in the future!! Is there a date for the KY state yet?

Looking forward to seeing you Kent....in 2nd place behind me :rockwoot: :pimp:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    AS of right now we have the potential to be expanding this from a Indiana only series to a Tri-State series with Kentucky and Ohio being involved. If those do not come to pass, starting in March(3/8) the matches will flip flop between ACC and Wildcat Valley on the 2nd Sunday of every month.

This also has the potential to become huge, and I'm waiting until I've spoken with the others that are expressing interest(including Nick from Rock Castle Shooting Center, and Chad Adams from 3 Gun Nation).

The only problem with the 2nd Sunday from the aspect of Norther Indiana is that you will be directly competing with Warsaw's USPSA shoots... Is there a possibility that the Saturday would work out?

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With as much going on, there is always going to be some sort of conflict. There is a match every weekend. I would love saturday as well, but that either means setup before the match then shoot then tear down all in one day or setup during the week.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    The only problem with the 2nd Sunday from the aspect of Norther Indiana is that you will be directly competing with Warsaw's USPSA shoots... Is there a possibility that the Saturday would work out?

Personally Sundays work much better for myself and I only have time to shoot so many matches. Basically for me I'd walk a mile for a multigun and only shoot USPSA if there was nothing else happening. I realize lots of shooters feel the opposite.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Second Sundays is what works for both ACC and WVRP.

More info will be released at the end of the year, with a final update Feb 1.

Schedule as follows:

3/11/2012
    4/8/2012
    5/13/2012
    6/10/2012
    7/9/2012
    8/12/2012
    9/9/2012
    10/14/2012 - Season Ending Match and Series Shootoff.

Last edited:

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    It would be really great if you could do a heavy metal tactical division, I could get a few more people to shoot it. Just scoped .308s and keep the .45 min. handgun and pump shotgun.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    It would be really great if you could do a heavy metal tactical division, I could get a few more people to shoot it. Just scoped .308s and keep the .45 min. handgun and pump shotgun.

I don't see why it can't be done. Its just a matter of scoring it that way.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    That would be great, I know some M1A shooters that would do it. They just don't want to take their scopes off and it may make some others come out of the woodwork.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    We will be discussing rules updates and other things in the near future. Heavy Metal will have some changes, but at this time, Magnified Optics will most likely not be allowed next year.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Tell me Jon,, if they want to shoot bad enough can't they go ahead and shoot it but it would put them in OPEN??

If it were me and I wanted to shoot it regardless of class I wouldn't care. That's kind of how I ended up in open. These guys would be at a severe disadvantage but if they are willing to live with that and just want to throw lead and burn powder I would let them in OPEN.

Edit to add. I'm in no way sure if that is even possible under our rule set. For the record I'd prefer we stay as close to the common IMG rules as possible.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    right now we are requiring a minimum of 5 shooters in each division for it to be recognized in the points standings. HM is lucky to have 2 shooters show, some we have none. If anything, there will just be HM and will allow 1x optics. Even if there aren't 5 shooters, HM shooters can still shoot, just won't count towards the Points Series.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Also, may be a schedule change for the April event. April 8 is Easter. Since there are 5 Sundays in April, would anyone object to moving it to April 29. Downside is there would be only 2 weeks between April event and May.

Top Bottom