• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Excellent match and all around classy event. Great stages, friendly RO's and there was even good food. I really can't stress enough how cool the staff at the event was. After seeing what almost amounted to a riot agains the staff in TX this year at the DTC after some of them started being overly aggressive and bumping guys to open for mag pouches being a mm to far forward it was nice to see guys that could make hard calls with a professional attitude and demeanor.

I had some sloppy reloads, unnecessarily slow transitions between targets, lighter than normal ammo (127PF) that wasn't dropping big steel well and a failed sprint across one stage that almost resulted in a pulling a Chaney off the right boundary but I managed to hold it together. Speaking of Chaney, I also decided that while everyone else was stopping at 10 on his stage that my round count would go to 11, just because thats how I like to self destruct and cost myself 4 places in the final results with 1 shot... EAD Virginia count double penalties!

[video=youtube;28yO6ANeJgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28yO6ANeJgY&list=UU97PxDYg_hHZpwJejE7OYSQ[/video]

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I'm not one to argue the call of an RO that was running the stage and my opinion is clearly biased so my comments are solely based on the video.

That being said, I shot my last round before the reload at 14seconds and drop the mag before 15 seconds at which time the mag drops straight down. I never stopped moving forward during the process. At 17 seconds the video shows where the mag hit the ground. The mag in laying pretty close to the 180, if not on it, which implies that my last shot prior to reloading had to be prior to 180. The fisheye lens over my left shoulder makes it look worse then at was but if you assume that the engagement of the first target on that stage was a safe angle then so is the 4th.

But if there is a lesson to be learned here, it's that referring to almost falling down as a "Pulling a Chaney" seems to be a good way to get someone fired up. So I vote we try and get that added to the next revision of the rulebook.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I shot an average match at best, then caught a little bad luck. Two of the best stages of the match for me were lost due to a re-shoot (really f'd that one up) and another stage getting tossed. But way too many mikes and deltas are what hurt me the most (aside from being less than urgent in my movement on a few stages). I put my best stage at the end of the video, but the details are a little iffy :dunno:.

[video=youtube;JV8vEwWQPBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8vEwWQPBs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Two of the best stages of the match for me were lost due to a re-shoot (really f'd that one up) and another stage getting tossed.

I had 2M,FTG on that stage. I didn't mind see it go!! Shot slow but shot 95% of the points.

[video=youtube;zj9Ete3H4JI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9Ete3H4JI[/video]

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    the stage that got tossed was probably the best stage of the match and it hurt to have to toss it
    I would have tossed the two speed shoots next to it, but there still could have been a safety issue with shooting into the right hand side berm if someone happened to go walking into the bay with the two speed shoots

Don't worry that stage will be back

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Sh#t happens Jake. You can't see everything. No one had any clue that the berms were that low when you didn't someone in it. Still a outstanding match!! But I did like your idea about the white helmets!! Going to be hard for the next SC or MD to come close to your matchs.

Top Bottom