• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I was out hunting in Boone county when I got a text from my dad saying he'd gotten a doe. Funny thing was that he wasn't even really out hunting. He had been out in the garage and looked out and happened to the see the deer in the field. He was able to get within range of it and put a perfect shot on it with his 77/44 and his hand-loaded 240 grain xtp. Weirdest thing was that the doe had a tag in each ear. Yellow tag in one ear and blue in the other. Upon speaking with the dnr officer it appears that the doe most likely escaped from a farm. So happy for my dad!

Proof the CWD can be a problem that can start with imported penned deer.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    We just learned that this deer had escaped from a farm in Tipton when a tree fell on a fence during a storm. The deer was fifteen miles from the farm when shot, which is five miles farther than the CO thought one would travel.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I went to Wisconsin this year, and absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. It's a very beautiful piece of God's country.

Opening morning I got two doe. One dropped right there, this old girl ran between 100 - 150 yards uphill, over a fence and then laid down with fist sized exit wound behind her shoulder, tough.

Power breakfast in the field with two of my longest and best friends. :)

Here's the buck I got on the last day of the hunt in the morning. He was the biggest buck I've ever seen in the woods with my own eyes. Huge body with lots of great meat.

Here he is in the back of the truck:

I don't know what he'll score out to, not really sure I care all that much beyond curiosity. I'm very happy with him, and he's already in the freezer, now just needs to get on the wall.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Nice pants. Love mine.:yesway:

Those pants along with some Duluth trading performance base layer bottoms and I was perfectly warm in 32 deg weather in the shade all day long. Those are the heaviest winter hunting pants I own and my only gripe is that the fluffy texture of them picks up burs like it was designed for it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That is a beautiful rifle and deers. Congratulations and great eating ahead.

That's the 2nd 8 point buck that rifle has taken. There really is just something about that little gun that makes me like it so much. The thing is so lightweight, quick for follow up shots, and handles so nicely in the woods. I can't think of a better gun for the heavy woods.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's the 2nd 8 point buck that rifle has taken. There really is just something about that little gun that makes me like it so much. The thing is so lightweight, quick for follow up shots, and handles so nicely in the woods. I can't think of a better gun for the heavy woods.

What caliber?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    The weather is too warm to actually shoot anything but I decided to take my kid out for the first time this evening.

IMG_2115.JPG

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Oh don't get me wrong, it I see a doe it is going down, but I have little faith I will see anything. This is more about seeing how he does than actually shooting a deer.

jhparsons78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Wife scheduled Christmas pictures opening day of gun, so went out on friend's property in Fountain county on the 15th. Was in the stand an hour when this guy showed up. Gave me a nice broadside look at 40 yds. Put it on the mark and he ran about 60 yds. When when we field dressed him found the shot took out the aortic arch. First time hunting since high school (18 yrs).
    Nice heavy body and it was really nice to fill the freezer. Getting him made into a euro mount. Looking forward to hunting more. Getting a crossbow to participate in archery next year
    IMG_4149.jpeg IMG_4150.jpeg IMG_4170.jpeg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wife scheduled Christmas pictures opening day of gun, so went out on friend's property in Fountain county on the 15th. Was in the stand an hour when this guy showed up. Gave me a nice broadside look at 40 yds. Put it on the mark and he ran about 60 yds. When when we field dressed him found the shot took out the aortic arch. First time hunting since high school (18 yrs).
    Nice heavy body and it was really nice to fill the freezer. Getting him made into a euro mount. Looking forward to hunting more. Getting a crossbow to participate in archery next year
    View attachment 43527 View attachment 43528 View attachment 43529

Nice job! Looks like the Remmy 870 bags another!

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I'm jealous. Here I sit in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and for the first time in many years, I have missed deer season. We left the states to come here on Nov 12th. I'm used to having a freezer full of deer meat. Now I'm in another country, and eating whatever they have available (lots of lamb and chicken, and something they call beef, though I've never seen a cow here).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom