2016 NWI INGO & DNR WINAMAC Famliy Event - Volunteers Needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Easiest way besides map, is take 30 to 35south towards knox.go thru knox heading to winamac. You'll pass fort knox paintball field. (Has a couple dueces out front). A couple miles past that there will be a sign on the right (west side of road ). Turn at sign. Not sure the miles to the rifle ranges sign. Maybe 3?....once you pass the DNR main building that has parking lots around it, maybe a mile up the road....Beware, the turn is at the bottom of a medium size hill. Cemitary on ur left. You turn Right on the gravel road. If ur going too fast at the hill, you will pass the turn an probably lock your brakes up trying to stop to turn. Dont mistake the skeet range for your destination. Lil past that is where you want to be. There is a smallDnr building an parking lot at the rifle ranges...hope these land mark directions give u a better idea what to expect....Toby
    I find it easier to turn onto 39, which is before 35. You go South on 39 until it ends at 10. Turn left and take 10 to where it ends, at 35. Turn right onto 35 and then continue your directions. You avoice Knox this way.

There is another path that is shorter if you don't mind driving on gravel roads.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for the info for directions! Daughter getting really excited. I've donated some ammo, but is there anything else needed for the event(food, chips, buns, etc.?) I plan on bringing a brick of 22's with also if thats needed

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So after getting the PM on very generic food for the public my buddy Jack and I discussed the situation. As he takes a great deal of pride in feeding folks and keeping them happy we'll bring enough food for all INGO members and DNR staff for some good bacon cheeseburgers. (This will be with thick, hog jowl bacon:drool:) We'll also contribute anything else needed for feeding the masses. As of now we are looking into bringing more hotdogs if necessary.

However, as there has been some crosstalk throughout the thread I am hoping to get a concise and final update on what additional foodstuffs may be needed?

Jack was also questioning the cooking facilities available. Will he have someplace to bring charcoal and grill the burgers?

I am thinking of also bringing plenty of good catsup, mustard, relish, chopped onions, etc. Should we bring some additional paper plates and plastic utensils? What about some of those cheap cans of Hormel chili for turning regular hot dogs into chili-dogs?

I don't have a lot of "normal" ammo but might be able to scrounge some up if needed. I'd be happy to bring any C&R type ammo if needed, but mine is all corrosive if folks are worried.

Anywho's... Still planning on being there. I'll be riding with them for company and will need to leave around Noon for Alina to also do some horseriding lessons later that afternoon, unless perhaps I could bum a ride with someone heading back to Fort Wayne.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there this time!:ingo:

Regards,

Doug

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There are no grills or facilities to grill/cook on-site.
    We bring everything and make a make shift kitchen for the event. I will be bringing a propane weber small grill as well as a propane stove. There will be another propane deep fryer as well that will be used to boil the hot dogs.

The food for the general public is keot simple and "safe" ie allegry free, peanut free, because its,for the general public.

Ill bring a pan as well and the bacin can,be cooked on the stove if you like otherwise you need to bring equipment.

Ill have a better food count by tonight.
    Drinks i think is what are low on as well as chipa for is off the top of my head.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So after getting the PM on very generic food for the public my buddy Jack and I discussed the situation. As he takes a great deal of pride in feeding folks and keeping them happy we'll bring enough food for all INGO members and DNR staff for some good bacon cheeseburgers. (This will be with thick, hog jowl bacon:drool:) We'll also contribute anything else needed for feeding the masses. As of now we are looking into bringing more hotdogs if necessary.

However, as there has been some crosstalk throughout the thread I am hoping to get a concise and final update on what additional foodstuffs may be needed?

Jack was also questioning the cooking facilities available. Will he have someplace to bring charcoal and grill the burgers?

I am thinking of also bringing plenty of good catsup, mustard, relish, chopped onions, etc. Should we bring some additional paper plates and plastic utensils? What about some of those cheap cans of Hormel chili for turning regular hot dogs into chili-dogs?

I don't have a lot of "normal" ammo but might be able to scrounge some up if needed. I'd be happy to bring any C&R type ammo if needed, but mine is all corrosive if folks are worried.

Anywho's... Still planning on being there. I'll be riding with them for company and will need to leave around Noon for Alina to also do some horseriding lessons later that afternoon, unless perhaps I could bum a ride with someone heading back to Fort Wayne.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there this time!:ingo:

Regards,

Doug
    :bacondance:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FOOD UPDATE - PRE FINAL LIST

FOOD DONORS

Hot Dogs: 144 = 80 (blue flacon) + 64 (jedi)
    Hot Dog Buns: 144 = 13 pack (Ricnzak) + 5 packs (UnionPmedic)
    Burgers: 52 = 52 (jedi)
    Burger Buns: 56 = 7 packs (UnionPMedic)
    Bacon = Libertarian01

Chips individual bags: 140 = 50 (blue falcon) + 90 (jedi)
    Fruit Roll Ups: 134 = 50 (blue falcon) + 84 (jedi)
    Oreos: 120 = 120 packs of 6 each (jedi)
    Cherry Kool-Aid = 5 gallon container (jedi)
    Water = 5 gallon container (jedi)

Coke = 12 cans (jedi)
    sprite = 12 cans (jedi)
    case of water (jedi)

----
    @Ricnzak & UnionPmedic please note your bread count and type. The calculation is based on the bag of 8 pieces not 10 in each bag.

@Libertarian01 if you could bring plastic cups, forks and plates that would help. We have napkins but not enough plates or cups for the event. Also if you want to bring chili my little stove can be used to cook it. I'll bring a pot for you as well. Can you bring a wooden stove or something to stir it with.

@ALL
    It will be 80 deg so pop while it's good tasting won't really hydrate the masses. If anyone wants to bring some I'll have my big blue cooler with ICE that we can put out there. It's been hit or miss prior years with the pop.

EQUIPMENT
    Small weber grill (jedi)
    Camping stove, 2 burner (jedi)
    Turkey fryer (lonehoosier)

POSSIBLE
    Large gas grill (Mr. O)
    Turkey Fryer ( gassprint1)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom