• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Hook, that is a very nice looking, mature buck. One to be proud of in my opinion.

I dunno what my little one would score.....broken tine, some mass.
    Kinda fooler.
    Didn't put any tape to it, for spread or anything. Didn't even dig for my bullet.

phhUZJQ.jpg

Will run it to Graber at Wild Indiana in a month and a half and see what he comes up with.
    I can get em pretty close, tend to under measure though, doing it at home.
    Is at taxi for euro mount, so can't even do that :(

Only front view pic I have.

Think he'd have made P&Y if I'd gotten him earlier LOL
    (may have been the one that came in on me while I was about to stand, well before legal light- remember seeing the dark over eye, a little different than other deer, pronounced).
    Was a week before gun.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thanks. His cape was flawless. Biggest neck on any deer I've shot.
    But w broken tine, euro mount.
    The ol lady is honked off I did not get a shoulder mount done.
    Eh, saved some money going euro, use the diff to buy a Remington Model 14 ;)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I think I kind of side with the lady on the shoulder mount... but I can't really fault the plan to put the savings into a new rifle either. ;)

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Opening day muzzleloader I had a doe at 130 yards. Just caught a glimps of her. I got lucky and she hooked around behind me at my 7 o'clock. I had to wait for 30 minutes with my crosshairs on her. I got lucky and was able to rest my gun of the climbing strap on my stand. She was in real thing saplings and green briars. So my 30 minutes of patience paid off. Doe tagged, 130lbs. Biggest doe I have shot in about 10 years. My hunting partner also took a nice doe that day at 2pm she dressed at 116lbs. Beautiful Morgan county deer. Butchered today and now in the freezer. That's #4 for me for the season

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Well my season is pretty much over I had two weeks off during firearms I put in a lot of seat time to see no deer. I’m in north central Indiana and got 3000 pics every two weeks running cameras before season. Just don’t think there is as many out there as we are being told...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I had very little activity, even nocturnal activity, from about 9:00 AM Sunday through yesterday at 8:00 Am. Then I had a big increase activity throughout the day yesterday into this morning so far, including 2 5+ year old bucks. My area has very low hunting pressure on it and most of the surrounding property though.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Opening day muzzleloader I had a doe at 130 yards. Just caught a glimps of her. I got lucky and she hooked around behind me at my 7 o'clock. I had to wait for 30 minutes with my crosshairs on her. I got lucky and was able to rest my gun of the climbing strap on my stand. She was in real thing saplings and green briars. So my 30 minutes of patience paid off. Doe tagged, 130lbs. Biggest doe I have shot in about 10 years. My hunting partner also took a nice doe that day at 2pm she dressed at 116lbs. Beautiful Morgan county deer. Butchered today and now in the freezer. That's #4 for me for the season

How do you get four?????

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Archery (could fill both w antlerless).....bonus county (think most places a 2 this yr).......and MZ tag is either sex if not bucked out prior.

Thats five possible does.....plus a gun buck ( total of 6 ) with no urban or special hunts.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    How do you get four?????

My buck opening gun. 2 does at state park. 1 doe muzzleloader checked as bonus for that county. I'm not done yet. I have atterbury this weekend, muscatatuck next weekend. I could get 100+ deer, if I took every doe quota in every county. I dont just sit in 1 stand. I dont sit in just 1 county. I am in the woods about 30 days in archery, shotgun. And muzzleloader season. I always fill my freezer. And the next 2 hunts I'm allowed 2 deer each, 1 can be antlered. That means 2 more bucks or 4 more does

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    curiosity killed the cat

I was quesioned how I have taken 4 deer this season. 1 buck opening day of gun. 2 does at a park hunt. 1 doe muzzleloader checked in as bonus county. I added it all up. If I wanted to use ALL of my antlerless bonus county tags, that would be a lot of traveling and trying to find a place to hunt in every county. I could take 89 does. I added all the counties up, so actually legally I could take 90 total, counting my 1 buck per year. And that is not counting any draw hunts, or urban deer too..

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I hunt multiple counties too. It's wild to think how many a guy can kill. I'm done with deer, freezer is full and I'm sick of butchering. Time to follow the squirrel dog around and snipe with my 7 yr. Old hunting buddy. Tree rats and coyote from here on for me. Good luck to the smoke polers and late archery die hards.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Got my 8 pointer on the family farm with my Sauer 3006 a few weeks ago... I've been eating bacon wrapped fillets, fried steaks, deer & rice, deer & noodles, and deer chili... And I still have 3 quarters in the freezer. I've finished the first one though, seems like time to let another one thaw.

If I had filled my doe tag I would be stocked up.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yup, need two.
    Only have one (burger fest, donated that portion to a food pantry).
    Slept in today...............mattress stuck to my back.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Taxi called. Euro done. Picked it up.
    LOL.....seems smaller, but looks great. Thick but not good score.
    He's thick but not wide or tall. Doubt he'd have made P&Y if unbroken.
    Oh well, meat is decent.

Weather slamming me and shorty, both feel it comin on hard.
    Proly be worthless tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom