• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Will be interesting to see what other hyjinks and hyjacks little Chucky has up his sleeves come Monday.

My concern is the Republicans can still F' this up. For some reason the Republicans consistently manage to screw up what should be simple matters. Either because of incompetence or because they lack a backbone to stand up for the principals the voters put them in office to pass.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My concern is the Republicans can still F' this up. For some reason the Republicans consistently manage to screw up what should be simple matters. Either because of incompetence or because they lack a backbone to stand up for the principals the voters put them in office to pass.

Agreed. I'll rest much more comfortably when it's really done. For instance, I hope the Repubs have a back-up stenographer, or whatever the official person is who records the proceedings, etc ... Wouldn't surprise me if the Dems managed to bribe or otherwise 'detain' someone who is legally necessary to get this done. I don't know enough about the process to be specific, but I bet there are plans like this underway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One thing is for certain. The Democrats woild'nt F it up given that they were in the same position. There is no doubt that it would be a done deal.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You know, I normally would agree, but the republicans are getting stronger all the time. Trump is teaching them to fight back and that their voters will back them. Getting rid of Paul Ryan and 40 house members hurt, but our house caucus is stronger and if they win this election I expect to see more out of them than in the past.

Lindsay Graham is a loves to read good things about himself in the NYT kind of guy, probably pictured himself a moderate uniter that would be president, but the Kavanaugh debacle removed the blinders from his eyes, he has been a changed man. Mitch is really leading the Senate and deserves a ton of credit, if he had thrown in the towel and and approved Garland to SCOTUS it would be very different now. He stood his ground with the game on the line, took their best pitch and knocked it out of the park.

They will still disappoint us at times but they are way better than the pre-Trump pu***s...

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    You know, I normally would agree, but the republicans are getting stronger all the time. Trump is teaching them to fight back and that their voters will back them. Getting rid of Paul Ryan and 40 house members hurt, but our house caucus is stronger and if they win this election I expect to see more out of them than in the past.

Lindsay Graham is a loves to read good things about himself in the NYT kind of guy, probably pictured himself a moderate uniter that would be president, but the Kavanaugh debacle removed the blinders from his eyes, he has been a changed man. Mitch is really leading the Senate and deserves a ton of credit, if he had thrown in the towel and and approved Garland to SCOTUS it would be very different now. He stood his ground with the game on the line, took their best pitch and knocked it out of the park.

They will still disappoint us at times but they are way better than the pre-Trump pu***s...

I've been impressed with Cocaine Mitch and his lack of ****s to give in the Trump Era. Hell, even Lindsey Graham is a barbarian when it comes to confirming Republican judges. I don't think the Dims have many cards left to play on this confirmation. I suspect that ACB will be confirmed on Hillary's birthday, and the screeching from the stupids will be heard in orbit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just think how much could be accomplished if the Dems were always this accommodating! :):
    they whipped through several other votes on lower court judges since they had no opposition.
    they say they will do the same thing on Monday for the floor

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    they whipped through several other votes on lower court judges since they had no opposition.
    they say they will do the same thing on Monday for the floor

That right there shows they are not the same wimps they were a few years ago. Kinda like the transition of George McFly.

Little known fact is while democrats were playing impeachment games, when usually the senate just sits by and watches, McConnell was busy passing judges...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That right there shows they are not the same wimps they were a few years ago. Kinda like the transition of George McFly.

Little known fact is while democrats were playing impeachment games, when usually the senate just sits by and watches, McConnell was busy passing judges...
    I heard someone complaining on TV the other day that in the last year of Obama, Mitch was basically sitting on all new judicial nominations waiting to see who the new POTUS would be. So the turtle has bee hard at work for years without any fanfare.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, is it about 1 hour to Mazie, producing an anonomous letter from a disgruntled clerk, claiming Amy made untoward advances toward him/her/whatever?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So, is it about 1 hour to Mazie, producing an anonomous letter from a disgruntled clerk, claiming Amy made untoward advances toward him/her/whatever?

I don't believe that dog will hunt .... not again. But you know they have something they're gonna try. They may have resigned themselves to Amy, but planning an all-out media blitz to use her confirmation to affect the elections because "Republicans are big meany hypocrites". That would be my guess.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The Senate voted 51-48 Sunday afternoon to limit debate on the Supreme Courtnomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, setting up a vote on her confirmation for Monday evening.
    Sunday's vote limited debate over President Trump's court appointee to 30 hours, meaning the full Senate will be able to hold a confirmation vote Monday beginning at approximately 7:26 p.m. ET.
    I am sure the Dems just felt a disturbance in the force.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    True for some, but I think there's a lot more support for ACB in the old "democratic wing of the democrat party" than you might otherwise suspect.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    True for some, but I think there's a lot more support for ACB in the old "democratic wing of the democrat party" than you might otherwise suspect.

You've been left behind by the "modern" radical wing of the party, they don't believe in the same things.
    NOTE: these are the people currently in congress and the senate that will all vote against ACB.

The Senate voted 51-48 Monday evening to confirm ACB

^^^^^^^^
    That's tomorrows headline.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You've been left behind by the "modern" radical wing of the party, they don't believe in the same things.
    NOTE: these are the people currently in congress and the senate that will all vote against ACB.

^^^^^^^^

There will not be single defection among the democrats.

Alpo is far from the only one that has been left by the democrat party but works hard to not acknowledge nor accept that they have. If they acknowledge that, they have no home as they have been so anti republican for so long they can't accept that either...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

^^^^^^^^

So following Alpo’s premise if there was still a 60 vote (pre-nuclear) threshold would enough Dems vote yes to confirm?

All the drama aside, ACB is a well qualified jurist. For this imaginary scenario remove the month before election part of it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

^^^^^^^^

That's the way they will vote. Appeases the fringe players in an election year and doesn't bother the democratic wing because the vote is a lock.

But, underneath it all, if you look at Obamas choices for women judges and ACB, there is little doubt that ACB would be preferred over the other two. Now, she could destroy that preference with some terrible positions on SCOTUS. But right now, lotsa dems like her. Real dems.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There will not be single defection among the democrats.

Alpo is far from the only one that has been left by the democrat party but works hard to not acknowledge nor accept that they have. If they acknowledge that, they have no home as they have been so anti republican for so long they can't accept that either...

I'll be anti-republican until death. :). But that doesn't mean I won't vote for a good person who just happens to have neuroses that made them join the republican party.

Top Bottom