• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You act like conservative Christian types don't know how to keep the home fires burnin'.

All I have to say about that is....huh....what a strange conclusion to reach.

Why use the word conservative? On is either Christian or not, i thought.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Trump is a liar, adulterer, and swindler. Pence is supposed to be of a higher character, a Godly man. Even lesser men wouldn’t suffer Trump without being vocal in opposition. For someone who relies as heavily on faith as Pence does, he shouldn’t put politics above ideals. Sure he may say things in private about the President’s behavior, but his lack of pushback makes him seem weak. I come to the opinion that Pence is weak And defers to Trumps overpowering personality.

Kut - a couple of thoughts for you:
    1) Re: Pence - perhaps he's doing the job of VP. No VP thinks the same as the Pres. Their job is to be a strong backup, in case of the worst. If your going to have a brash loudmouth for Pres. then the most needed thing is a VP with strong character. Doesn't mean he's perfect - but of the four folks involved - he's undoubtedly stronger than the others. HIs job is to publicly support the administration, not undermine it. And none of us have ANY idea what has been said in private. I'm sure that Pence HAS tried to persuade Trump on things. A VP _must_ do that in private, however.

2) How can you square your statements against Pence with Harris - who would give ANYTHING for power (and HAS) - including morals and credibility. And Biden who HAS sold out both in multiple plagiarism incidents and bribery??

3) How do you require Pence to publicly disagree with Trump, while tacitly giving Harris a pass for the same thing? She (rightly so) said she believed a woman's allegations against Biden. And then he asked her to be running mate and poof , no problem? Your approach doesn't sound very even-handed to me.

Trump's a NY a-hole with an off the chain ego. I get that. But you appear to be throwing all logic out the window. It's your right to do so, I guess. Just pointing it out.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I only watched the first half of the debate. I assume Pence won since CBS spent too much of their debate coverage on the fly. Then on FB, I saw that Jake Tapper was complaining about Kamala being disadvanted because she is a woman, some leftist woman at the WaPo disagreeing and saying it is just because Kam is a bad debater. Then some was complaining about mansplaining...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Trump is a liar, adulterer, and swindler. Pence is supposed to be of a higher character, a Godly man. Even lesser men wouldn’t suffer Trump without being vocal in opposition. For someone who relies as heavily on faith as Pence does, he shouldn’t put politics above ideals. Sure he may say things in private about the President’s behavior, but his lack of pushback makes him seem weak. I come to the opinion that Pence is weak And defers to Trumps overpowering personality.

Per usual, the left only does character assassination. I don’t blame them really since they’ve obviously and completely lost the narrative on law/order/economy/policy

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I didn't watch the debate but this guy did.........."Pence thoroughly dismantled Harris. Which means the media will immediately declare Harris the messiah and anoint her with the blessed oil."..............Ben Shapiro.

I'll take his opinion over just about anybody's.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope you’re right. Pence should’ve been the pick in 2016. Back then even I would’ve voted for him. Now, even though he still plays the “presidential” part very well, he has the stink of Trump on him, so despite liking him prior, he’s a no go.

Wow. I mean. I think it's fine to dislike Trump because of how he behaves, or even his policies. If you want Biden to win, okay. Fine. There are some rational reasons to do so. But man, that's pure emotionally-based disgust/hatred. I think you have an irrational opinion of Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted Bush over the first Clinton. And I voted third part than for the other Clinton. I think Al Sharpton is a jackass. So yeah, I not a fan of those Democrats either. And I think a POTUS’ relationship with a VP is a tad more intimate than “brushing elbows.”

You saying they're ****ing? :dunno:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Per usual, the left only does character assassination. I don’t blame them really since they’ve obviously and completely lost the narrative on law/order/economy/policy

Is it proper to label it "character assassination" when Trump is a man of no character?

I would think one would have to start with a semblance of honor, duty and morality that Joe Average American would believe in an strive toward as the bar under which a person's character could be besmirched.

The man believes in no one but himself. It is the Trump supporters who really have TDS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You all remember that Pence was the reason Indiana was close to electing a Democrat governor, right?

If Pence has grown on foreign policy, and has truly dropped the neocon thinking, I could vote for him. But I'd like to see him learn to give a speech without sounding like he's preaching a smarmy, piety-signaling sermon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it proper to label it "character assassination" when Trump is a man of no character?

I would think one would have to start with a semblance of honor, duty and morality that Joe Average American would believe in an strive toward as the bar under which a person's character could be besmirched.

The man believes in no one but himself. It is the Trump supporters who really have TDS.

Well, it's not like Biden/Harris have any character. They're better at facades. Well. Biden is. Harris's facade is as transparent as a two-bit ho pretending to be a virgin.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    What was the moderator like for this debate? I had read that Susan Page, the moderator, is working on Pelosi's bio, "Madam Speaker: Nancy Pelosi and the Lessons of Power,"

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

It’s hard to believe the left’s outrage over Trump when they still hold up the Clinton family as idols. Yikes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow. I mean. I think it's fine to dislike Trump because of how he behaves, or even his policies. If you want Biden to win, okay. Fine. There are some rational reasons to do so. But man, that's pure emotionally-based disgust/hatred. I think you have an irrational opinion of Trump.

And we have a winner.

Kut, I thought higher of you than pure TDS. Which you obviously have. Which is fine but it waters down your opinions. You have to see this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's not really a rebuttal, Jamil.

But, you know that.

It was not a rebuttal. I expect you to know that. I did not disagree with you about Trump's character. I'm saying this election isn't about character because no one in it has any. It's about teams. It's also about disgust, and which team disgusts you most.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What was the moderator like for this debate? I had read that Susan Page, the moderator, is working on Pelosi's bio, "Madam Speaker: Nancy Pelosi and the Lessons of Power,"
    I saw just the first half. But I thought she was fine. It wasn't the pitched battle like Trump-Biden, so it wasn't quite as challenging.

Top Bottom