• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Mine are 5x5. I like to have the room to stretch my legs and I'm not right up on the heater.
    Try putting a bird feeder on it. It's pretty cool to look them in the eye when they come in. I was mobbed this morning.
    Cool idea mice havent found mine yet though and I’d like to keep it that way lol

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have a boathouse attached to mine but don’t expect inhabitants until I get this guy up in the air.

Was gonna try a pick up truck but I’m worried pulling it up on the 2 4x4’s will be too much stress and they snap like toothpicks so I’m gonna try and get an excavator to hoist it up
    Mice haven't been an issue. Pine squirrels are. That's before the seed.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Mine are 5x5. I like to have the room to stretch my legs and I'm not right up on the heater.
    Try putting a bird feeder on it. It's pretty cool to look them in the eye when they come in. I was mobbed this morning.
    I found these guys a few days ago, and it piqued my interest. They are a drive from southern Indiana, but they have nice pricing (and will build it in 6 pieces so you can assemble once placed).

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I found these guys a few days ago, and it piqued my interest. They are a drive from southern Indiana, but they have nice pricing (and will build it in 6 pieces so you can assemble once placed).

Those are nice! Salty though. I'll have less than 500.00 in mine, elevated and heated. I'll hurt myself doing it but hopefully my deductible is less than buying! Lol

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I have built 3 box blinds on my property
    The first one is 6X6 elevated 4 feet on top of a hay wagon so it came be moved around.
    The second is 4X6 built on the dam side of one of my ponds
    The third one I built after the power company replaced some power poles on my property and gave me the old poles. Before they left I talked them into using their big auger to dig 4 holes. I put the poles in and built a 7X7 12 feet off the ground.
    I have heaters in all 3 and the grandkids love them. I figure before long I can ride a motorized scooter to a blind so I can still hunt.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    You do realize don't you, that if your blind is 4' or more above grade, the hunters orange is not required on the blind?
    Still have to have it on the hunter(s).
    I do. When I painted it, it was going to set on the ground. Then I had the idea to use the tree that crushed the old one to raise it.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    IMG_3645.jpeg

I killed a fallen log this year.

I had a doe coming out of a creek crossing about 80 yards ahead of me and as it was rising up the creek bank quartering towards me. I took a shot at it and saw it's head go up and down twice and saw it drop out of sight.

I wait 30 minutes and go to track it, nothing, i trudge around the woods for 30 minutes and don't find anything. I go back and see that there is a bullet scar from where my round hit a log and ricocheted over the deers head and then it probably took off down the creek hence no tracks.

Turns out my scope is loose, because i put together the scope rings and zeroed the gun in the 110 degree texas heat earlier this year, but then when my gun literally frosted over in northern indiana they contracted and my scope was spinning loose in its mount.

And 10 minutes after that when i figured "okay I fired a shot there is no other deers around" so I get up to pee and i see a buck prancing down the bank of the creek and by the time I get my gun up it's run in line with some houses

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Spent a cold morning with 2 new hunters. Almost no wildlife of any kind. Saw lots of activity in Ohio on our way home last evening - guess we should have gone out BEFORE the change in weather, and not after. But I would have got in a heap o trouble - shooting from the highway without an Ohio license!

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Spent a cold morning with 2 new hunters. Almost no wildlife of any kind. Saw lots of activity in Ohio on our way home last evening - guess we should have gone out BEFORE the change in weather, and not after. But I would have got in a heap o trouble - shooting from the highway without an Ohio license!
    Only if they catch you!

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    my property is sometimes active midday so I’m thinking of sitting out there for a while. But I haven’t seen deer moving for a few days now.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Shot this guy yesterday. Nothing spectacular, but a nice rack for a young deer.

Pretty great season this year. Saw a lot of deer, only one hunt where I didn't see a deer, and had shooting opportunities on nearly all those occasions.

Ended the season with two bucks and one doe in Michigan, and a doe in Indiana.

IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg

Top Bottom