• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    My Grilla Kong has went to the great beyond.
    Storms before 4th blew it off back porch.
    Both locking wheels were still locked, stand was in yard, smoker was in pieces.

Not sure what I’ll replace it with, maybe same, maybe not.

For now, the Weber will be go to for grilling, Smoking isn’t happening for awhile.
    View attachment 286575
    That stinks your Kong got smashed. Don't over look the Webber for smoking meat. I've used my Webber many times for smoking ribs and pork butts. Kids lay the charcoal two briquets wide touching 3/4 of the way around the grill bottom then go back around with another two wide layer bridging the row below. Sprinkle some apple and cherry wood chips on top of the charcoal and your good to go. Start 4 or 5 briquets in the chimney and lay them on one end of the semi circle when they're good and hot.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    My Grilla Kong has went to the great beyond.
    Storms before 4th blew it off back porch.
    Both locking wheels were still locked, stand was in yard, smoker was in pieces.

Not sure what I’ll replace it with, maybe same, maybe not.

For now, the Weber will be go to for grilling, Smoking isn’t happening for awhile.
    View attachment 286575

The silverbac is a nice one as well. I have had mine for about 3-4 years

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK. Wasnt sure whether to put this in first world problems or here.

So besides foil, what do you suggest for the "2" stage in 3-2-1 ribs? (I actually use 1-1-1)
    Its 3 hours in smoke, 2 tightly wrapped in a foil pouch, 1 hour back in the smoker to get a crust.
    Today I got to stage 2 and placed the two half racks on the foil on a jelly roll pan. I picked up the smoker rack and water was pouring out of a hole in the bottom of the foil. OK, try again.

I redid it and it seemed ok. Opened the smoker door a few minutes later to check something and I saw water dripping off the pouch. Apparently I poked a hole again. Seems like this happens about every other smoke session.

Ideas for that "sealed" braising stage that doesnt involve a foil pouch or disposable foil trays? I'm running about 275-300* and its a Bradley smoker, so the basket is about 9 1/2" x 10" of space to work with. A metal pan with a tight fitting metal lid?
    Realized as I was using my pan, I forgot to follow up. These work GREAT!

Amazon product ASIN B07K599FS2
    and these racks fit if you want to use them for roasting.

Amazon product ASIN B0000VYY56

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    10# pork shoulder on the smoker at 4am I don’t think it will be ready by dinner. That will allow a nice rest until dinner the next night lol nothing fancy just dusted with cactus dust seasoning and using alder chips. Normally I brine and such but this is from my own pigs and it has a good fat cap to keep it juicy. (I hope)

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    10# pork shoulder on the smoker at 4am I don’t think it will be ready by dinner. That will allow a nice rest until dinner the next night lol nothing fancy just dusted with cactus dust seasoning and using alder chips. Normally I brine and such but this is from my own pigs and it has a good fat cap to keep it juicy. (I hope)

Well now I am in a bind…… only at 180 do I let it go through the night or pull it early and wrap?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom