• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    I'm looking for information on youth hunting but the regulations make it sound like anybody 17 and younger can only hunt on the specified youth dates? Can youth not hunt during the regular season?

I'll be taking my nephew out this year. He's 16 and it his first year. He took his hunters safety online last week but when he logs in online to buy tags he only has the option to buy an apprentice license. I'd hate to get his hopes up to buy a tag and go out if he can only hunt the weekends specified in the regulations or free days. Any insight would be helpful.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I'm looking for information on youth hunting but the regulations make it sound like anybody 17 and younger can only hunt on the specified youth dates? Can youth not hunt during the regular season?

I'll be taking my nephew out this year. He's 16 and it his first year. He took his hunters safety online last week but when he logs in online to buy tags he only has the option to buy an apprentice license. I'd hate to get his hopes up to buy a tag and go out if he can only hunt the weekends specified in the regulations or free days. Any insight would be helpful.
    They can hunt anytime. The youth weekend was just to give youth a weekend just for them. A apprentice license means he must be with a adult to hunt. He should be able to buya. Regular youth license with his hunter ed number

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Thats way I read and understood it. Someone more knowledgeable on youth license will be along.

jerzyperson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    St. Joseph County
    They can hunt anytime. The youth weekend was just to give youth a weekend just for them. A apprentice license means he must be with a adult to hunt. He should be able to buya. Regular youth license with his hunter ed number
    10-4. I figured since he took it last week or this past weekend that maybe it wasn't in the system. I will be with him regardless. I just didn't want to mess anything up by having him get an apprentice tag. Maybe I'll have him swing by Walmart and get the proper tag if they will let him

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    10-4. I figured since he took it last week or this past weekend that maybe it wasn't in the system. I will be with him regardless. I just didn't want to mess anything up by having him get an apprentice tag. Maybe I'll have him swing by Walmart and get the proper tag if they will let him
    Make sure you add his hunter Ed number to his profile this should let get a youth license

Top Bottom