• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I figure the car dealers lobby is right up there with the bankers. Remember the liquor distributors (who have thwarted cold beer sales other than at liquor stores) were against Sunday sales. They knew they would sell the same volume, just have to pay more in labor and overhead costs.

Anybody think car sales will increase with Sunday sales?

Plus, I like having one day per week to look at cars without the circling polyester sharks.
    I do.

I will accept as proof any other business that experienced a decline or no change is sales as a result of opening on Sunday

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I do.

I will accept as proof any other business that experienced a decline or no change is sales as a result of opening on Sunday
    Well get a bill introduced, we'll see who supports and opposes. Get Liz Brown to author it and I guarantee you I'll be there to oppose it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bumping the bill watch link.

Old Eric did find his pen yesterday, signing the incredibly important HEA 1047 Sexual Offenses (that bill had it's hearing while we were waiting for 1235, it is very important and those who testified showed incredible character to come forward with what had happened to them.)

Old Eric also signed HEA 1336 Loan Brokers (we sat through that one too getting rid of Principal Managers in Indiana Code... that was worse than sitting through "racehorses on steroids" back in the day.)

HEA 1235 (drives a stake in the heart of the horrific Gary v Glock lawsuit) has not been signed.

Oh look, there's the phone number. As always: be polite, be professional.

"I'm calling to urge Governor Holcomb to sign HEA 1235 Prohibited Causes of Action Involving Firearms. This is an emergency measure that will stop the personally identifiable information on 400,000 ATF Form 4473s from being put at risk."

View attachment 339672
    Phone number to contact the Governor's Office is bumped. Link to "ask Eric" is below.

As always: be polite and professional. It's time to let him know we're here and we pay attention.

"I'm calling to urge Governor Holcomb to sign HEA 1235 Prohibited Causes of Action Involving Firearms. This is an emergency measure that will stop the personally identifiable information on 400,000 ATF Form 4473s from being put at risk."

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Phone number to contact the Governor's Office is bumped. Link to "ask Eric" is below.

As always: be polite and professional. It's time to let him know we're here and we pay attention.

CLEARED HOT!! FIRE FOR EFFECT!!

Reactions: JAL

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's what I'm talking about! 1 down, 1 to go.

0800-1700 are the hours calls are taken at the Governors Office. We're about to concentrate all fire on HEA 1235.
    As of last night, there were abut 6 bills left to be signed (or not). Pure speculation, but I wonder if he is waiting until Friday afternoon, the typical time to do things when you know the public's minds are elsewhere.

I guess we'll know if I'm right within about 36 hours.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I may need lessons on polite and professional but calling.

Thank you for all the efforts you put into keeping us informed.

I do my best to call and email every time you ask.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    As of last night, there were abut 6 bills left to be signed (or not). Pure speculation, but I wonder if he is waiting until Friday afternoon, the typical time to do things when you know the public's minds are elsewhere.

I guess we'll know if I'm right within about 36 hours.
    Or if he's just going to let it roll thru on its own like he did with ConC

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wait, didn't he sign it on the last day? I forget now
    Can’t remember if it was the last day or not… It was after hours when it showed up as signed. I do remember that was the day some mad moms wouldn’t leave… Of course, none of them ended up in jail for criminal trespass

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK it's 1740 and Old Eric managed to sign ONE bill today. I'm not real impressed.

Top Bottom