• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am not allowed to visit this post again. Unfortunately I live in a no grill apt.

That’s why I bought a house , well that and a yard for a dog.

1wpxgLJ.jpg

Hawaiian garlic chicken tonight

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    TSC has their name a pellets now. Few bucks cheaper than pitboss. I don't notice any profile flavor differences. Believe i gave $12 a 40lb bag last week.
    So, I realized the Costco in-store vs online prices were different. The Treager 33lb bag was $20, and the Kirkland 40lb bag was $13. I grabbed the Kirkland pellets this time, to give them a try.

The biggest problem with the Kirkland pellets is that the bag isn't resealable. So, I'm going to have to use 2 20lb pellet totes to store the whole bag. The Treager 33lb bag is resealable, which is a nice feature.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So, I realized the Costco in-store vs online prices were different. The Treager 33lb bag was $20, and the Kirkland 40lb bag was $13. I grabbed the Kirkland pellets this time, to give them a try.

The biggest problem with the Kirkland pellets is that the bag isn't resealable. So, I'm going to have to use 2 20lb pellet totes to store the whole bag. The Treager 33lb bag is resealable, which is a nice feature.
    13 is a steal... I've never seen a resealable bag. Must be the expensive 1s??
    I store my pellets in 5gal driveway salt buckets my gf gets from work every winter at McDonalds. I get like 30lbs in each bucket and store in the basement when i get 5 bags or so at a time. Recently it has only been a bag for now.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Reading through this thread gave me the itch for a new grill. We already have a 36" Blackstone and gave our old gas grill to a family member. The debate was down to a pellet grill or a simple charcoal grill. In the end, we decided the 22" Weber Kettle fit our needs best. Looking forward to breaking it in!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Reading through this thread gave me the itch for a new grill. We already have a 36" Blackstone and gave our old gas grill to a family member. The debate was down to a pellet grill or a simple charcoal grill. In the end, we decided the 22" Weber Kettle fit our needs best. Looking forward to breaking it in!
    Made a good choice. Small learning curve with charcoal but so worth it. I love doing vegetables over charcoal too. Especially asparagus

Top Bottom