• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I'm currently 20 years old, waiting on November to come for my birthday. :rockwoot: What I am curious about, how many of us here made a trip to the gun store the priority on our 21st birthday for the first time to legally purchase handguns, and handgun ammunition, instead of the bar.

I've got little to no interest in drinking. :dunno: Let's be honest, most people don't wait till they are 21 to have their first drink, and I've made mistakes in my life. So it isn't like I've just never tried it, just don't really care, nothing special about it to me.

That being said, I sure do love to go shooting, and I can't wait till I am of age to purchase ammo and handguns freely. Well, minus a little background check, but I'm a straight kid, so nothing to worry about there. So I sit and wait, hoping that things will still be legal for me to purchase by the time I turn 21. :D

How about anybody else? Waiting currently to turn 21 or their experiences on their 21st birthday, what you purchased, if you were planning on making a purchase on your 21st. Let's hear them. :draw:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i didnt..i dont think i had the momey for a new gun...i bought my first one with my highschool graduation money...me and my dad went and got me a nice hk....now i realize it was a big mofo'ing pistol for a first carry gun lol

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    i didnt..i dont think i had the momey for a new gun...i bought my first one with my highschool graduation money...me and my dad went and got me a nice hk....now i realize it was a big mofo'ing pistol for a first carry gun lol

The money aspect of things might be hard for me to overcome as well, but I think that I can make it happen as things stand right now! Of course, I can legally make a private purchase now.

That is, if my LTCH ever actually comes! :rolleyes:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I turned 21 March 9th. I wanted to buy a pistol so bad. All of the money I had from my summer job was used on military surplus rifles, pistols, steel targets and ammunition. I did buy a Glock 17 from an ingo member and a Makarov at a gun show. I have already had lots of fun with them.

On my birthday I went to the range at my lgs. I rented a Browning HI-POWER and I brought my Makarov and M1 Carbine. The BHP was a blast to shoot. I did good with the Makarov. I shot my M1 for the first time and absolutely loved it. It was made by National Postal Meter though so I don't want to shoot it to much.

When I get my tax return back in a few weeks a BHP and another Makarov will be following me home. If I decide to do some trading at another lgs tomorrow a CZ-75 and a Glock 19 might be following me home.

I love shooting way more than drinking. I hate drinking. I rather use my spare cash on guns anyways :D. Tomorrow I am going to Debs and hopefully I can rent their Colt Python and have some fun.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    When I turn 18 I'll head to either BGF or Bradis to buy a rifle or shotgun. Maybe if I can find a Tokarev I'll buy it privately on INGO. :rockwoot: That day I'm staying home from school to do this stuff.

Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    Had my first gun at 4 first pistol at 15. I've owned several pistols but non mean as much as my first gun. My first pistol was a colt revolver. Dad said its for snakes and coyotes only when hunting. Since then I've owned several pistols but my colt .22 is special kinda like my first carry piece my hk usp compact. I think for your birthday you should ask someone you know with a couple guns for a cool full auto day at the range.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The day I turned 21 I walked out of the gun store 15 minutes after he opened and had my brand new colt 1911 45acp in my hands. I went directly to the indoor range and dumped 200 rounds through it getting g a feel for my new pride and joy.

I did my scouting before I turned 21 and new what I wanted and where it was. The gun store owner was expecting me, and I had a lot of overtime wrapped up in that pistol. It was $600 back then.

Years later my new bride pulled a bonehead with a credit card and toys had to be sold. To this day I still look at the INGO 1911 show and tell thread just to see if I can see someone posting a picture of my old pistol so I can offer to buy it back. No regrets though, you do what you have to do and that new bride has made me a dad three times over now so I can't complain too much.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I did exactly as you did, I can't stand drinking either. On my 21st birthday I don't think I bought a handgun as I most likely didn't have much money for one at the time, but then again I was carrying at 19 and had at least three handguns before 21. :D

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just turned 21 today and am heading after work to pick up a Ruger GP100! Won't be my first handgun, but it's what I've wanted for quite some time. I don't have any interest in drinking, never have. I've got better things I could be blowing money on and unlike alcohol the Ruger will always be there.

Cheers! Jon

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Just turned 21 today and am heading after work to pick up a Ruger GP100! Won't be my first handgun, but it's what I've wanted for quite some time. I don't have any interest in drinking, never have. I've got better things I could be blowing money on and unlike alcohol the Ruger will always be there.

Cheers! Jon

wise beyond your years. Happy Birthday! :banana:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I didn't care to go out drinking on my 21st, but my friends dragged me out. I wasn't interested in guns at the time anyhow. My money was tied up in 2 things: my bass guitar/rig and my (now wife) fiancé's engagement ring.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    When I turned 21, I did my Form 4s for my suppressed 9mm AR. I already had a few handguns, so that was the only thing I was waiting for. It was nice being able to buy my own handgun ammo, that's for sure!

Never had a drink in my life. Never tried tobacco, either.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm counting days until 21.Can't wait to go in and handle any gun I want and be able to make a choice rather than just being able to buy what someone wants to sell.I love the used market,but I get sick of hand-me-downs.Plus buying my own ammo will be nice instead of making sure that so-and-so knows which kind to get.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I didn't care to go out drinking on my 21st, but my friends dragged me out. I wasn't interested in guns at the time anyhow. My money was tied up in 2 things: my bass guitar/rig and my (now wife) fiancé's engagement ring.
    I hear ya about the bass rig. I'm not too thrilled about drinking either so ill probably get a .357.
    However, for a comparison, I went and applied for my ltch the day I turned 18.

Top Bottom