• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I was lucky enough to score 3 boxes of golden bullets at my local Walmart last week. They were 325 round boxes for $9.99. I was pretty eexcited! Just shows it is still trickling out a little at a time.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Good point. Maybe I'll leave it all in the boxes so I can just grab a box when I go shooting. That way I won't have to lift it!:)

that's what I do. I have a different Ammo Can for each caliber I own. I leave them in the box and stack the boxes in the can.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Not in short supply here.

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

Nice little stash of gold you have there, hornady.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    I'm ready to give up the search for bulk boxes. I have been to walmart numerous times and everytime the shelves are empty... A waste of gas!

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm ready to give up the search for bulk boxes. I have been to walmart numerous times and everytime the shelves are empty... A waste of gas!

I usually don't make a special trip. If I pass a Wal Mart, or I'm close, I stop. Typically there is less than a 25% chance they will have something I need in stock, so no special trip is warranted. You just have to be in the right place at the right time. Hang in there!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nice little stash of gold you have there, hornady.

That ain't all of it. :D. I just took that pic of 10,001 rounds to demonstrate to another ingoer who said you should have to have a fire suppression system if you have more than 10,000 rounds.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Sadly, most of the anti gougers can't grasp that concept. They'll scream bloody murder at anyone who dares to offer a bulk pack at $30 while they waste hours of their time and who knows how much gas to get that $19 bulk pack of Walmart to run through their $500+ AR22.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sadly, most of the anti gougers can't grasp that concept. They'll scream bloody murder at anyone who dares to offer a bulk pack at $30 while they waste hours of their time and who knows how much gas to get that $19 bulk pack of Walmart to run through their $500+ AR22.

Annnnnnnd there it is. Some common sense.

How much is one's time worth? Some folks can stop in and check and it doesn't bother them. Some would rather pay more to get a bulk pack and just go shooting because their time is more valuable than the extra cost.

This is the free market. It's a beautiful thing and it works.

This temporary shortage will correct.

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    This is the free market. It's a beautiful thing and it works.

This temporary shortage will correct.

Its also amazing how some are still charging $20 bucks for a bulk pack when they get them in online. Yes they are gone in seconds but talk about ethics while your competition is charging $100+ for a bulk pack.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Its also amazing how some are still charging $20 bucks for a bulk pack when they get them in online. Yes they are gone in seconds but talk about ethics while your competition is charging $100+ for a bulk pack.

I don't believe there's anything unethical about charging whatever you want. You aren't forcing people to buy it.

That said, from a business standpoint it may not be smart to charge exorbitant sums if you want customers to come back in the future. But I don't think it's an issue of ethics. I just think it's smart business to be cheaper (assuming you can make a profit).

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I don't believe there's anything unethical about charging whatever you want. You aren't forcing people to buy it.

And with this logic it perfectly OK for a hospital to charge $8.00 for an aspirin or a band aid. OK, I think I get it now, no ethics in the business world is now the way to conduct a business.

What a crock!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Back in December when prices on .223 and 7.62 were going through the roof I figured .22lr and 12ga defense loads were next. So, I bought a bunch of both just in case. I should have bought more, who knows how long this is going to last.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    And with this logic it perfectly OK for a hospital to charge $8.00 for an aspirin or a band aid. OK, I think I get it now, no ethics in the business world is now the way to conduct a business.

What a crock!

Well, yeah.

Assuming the government doesn't meddle more (and of course in the world you like - they meddle FAR TOO MUCH), the free market takes care of it.

People wouldn't keep going to a hospital that charges them $8 for an aspirin. Actually, right now they do charge prices like that. St. Francis charges $15 for a marker to mark one's body during a surgery. A lot of that has to do with government subsidization of healthcare, but you seem to LOOOOOOOOOVE government handouts.

Top Bottom