• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Can you explain why it should be illegal? Even select fire and MGs are completely legal.

I don't know, just looked like automatic firing at first and I know one must have a license/permit to own an automatic firearm.

I might make a second thread about specifically the 15-22, dunno if that would be too much though!

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I bought a Chiappa M4-22 upper for $250 new in the box, installed it on a extra lower, and so far it has ran perfect. I have put a brick of Federal bulk threw it. It is accurate with the Magpul rear sight, now I have a red dot installed but haven't had a chance to try that yet. It also takes Black Dog mags, and so does my Sig 522 which is a big plus.

Dave

Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Guess I just got lucky then? I got nothing bad to say about my Colt .22. It works great and is fun to shoot. Eats whatever I feed it.Only one minor problem...Man can it go through a 30 round clip in a hurry? :)
    I picked up a Colt M4 .22 about a month ago--I love it. No problems at all. From what I've read in various forums, the people that actually own them are generally happy with them, while most of the negative comments come from those don't own them but heard they were no good.

Many assume they are junk because they think they are made by Umarex, the airsoft gun people. They are made in Germany by Walther under license by Colt, and are simply imported by Umarex.

My only concern was that according to the owner's manual, the barrel compensator had to be loosened before the rear take down pin could be removed. Mine did not--you could push it out without loosening it. I contacted Colt/Umarex and they said design changes were made in the #50000 serial number range to eliminate the compensator loosening, as well as changing the safety lever to a 90 degree throw.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can anyone explain how this is legal please?

What? A legal question? Sorry, I was off mocking rhino.

Because it does not meet the definition of a "machine gun".

“Machinegun” as “any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.”

18 USC §921(a)(23), 26 USC §5845(b)

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    So I thought I only liked handguns, but I shot a Henry Goldenboy in .22 the other day and it was freaking awesome. I was wondering if there are any .22 AR-15s you guys like. If its anything like the Henry ill be in heaven.

I have a colt m4 22lr. I absolutely love it. It is a blast to shoot.

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    I picked up a Colt M4 .22 about a month ago--I love it. No problems at all. From what I've read in various forums, the people that actually own them are generally happy with them, while most of the negative comments come from those don't own them but heard they were no good.

Many assume they are junk because they think they are made by Umarex, the airsoft gun people. They are made in Germany by Walther under license by Colt, and are simply imported by Umarex.

My only concern was that according to the owner's manual, the barrel compensator had to be loosened before the rear take down pin could be removed. Mine did not--you could push it out without loosening it. I contacted Colt/Umarex and they said design changes were made in the #50000 serial number range to eliminate the compensator loosening, as well as changing the safety lever to a 90 degree throw.

I have the older version of the colt m4 with the 180 degree safety. I have to loosen the compensator on mine to field strip.

dsb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I got my son a M&P 1522 for Xmas, we shot it Christmas day....What a blast! shot couple hundred rounds of cheap ammo no problem.

Top Bottom