• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I've got a Marvel 1911 .22 cal conversion that I really like to shoot, and would like to use for steel challenge. Unfortunately it only came with 1 mag.

I tried finding them on Midway, but they are:
    (a) insanely expensive
    (b) out of stock, no backorder

Anyone have any ideas where to get mags for this baby?

I know Colt makes them - the one I have is marked Colt. Does anyone else make these mags?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've got a Marvel 1911 .22 cal conversion that I really like to shoot, and would like to use for steel challenge. Unfortunately it only came with 1 mag.

I tried finding them on Midway, but they are:
    (a) insanely expensive
    (b) out of stock, no backorder

Anyone have any ideas where to get mags for this baby?

I know Colt makes them - the one I have is marked Colt. Does anyone else make these mags?

Check CDNN & GUNBROKER:yesway:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You'll have to do your own research to confirm, but I've heard the Colt Ace magazine (which is what I'm guessing you have) and the new GSG1911 magazine are interchangeable. If true, IndyGunSafety has gotten extra GSG1911 mags for me for the best price I've been able to find them, about $27 IIRC.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    If your conversion now will lock back after the last shot you might have to stick with the OEM mage or mags that have the follower designed to activate your slide lock . If the conversion does not lock back your mags MUST not have the follower that will engage the slide lock.many conversions are alum.and will be battered by the slide lock.I have a Kimber conversion and the polymer mags from Midway work great.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    If your conversion now will lock back after the last shot you might have to stick with the OEM mage or mags that have the follower designed to activate your slide lock . If the conversion does not lock back your mags MUST not have the follower that will engage the slide lock.many conversions are alum.and will be battered by the slide lock.I have a Kimber conversion and the polymer mags from Midway work great.

Mine does not lock back the slide.

I searched Midway and didn't find any polymer 1911 .22 mags. Do you know the brand name or something else that could help me find them?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Marvel Precision conversion. The poly mag that came with it didn't feed, but Marvel Precision sent me a replacement that works well. They are $30.00 each from Marvel Precision: Marvel Precision 1911 .22 rimfire Conversions One caution, is that you will have to modify the steel mags, actually the plastic follower) so the slide release won't lock back after the last shot, otherwise the notch in the slide will quickly wear away (steel vs. aluminum).

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I forgot to add that if you go the steel magazine route, that you'll have to adjust the feed lips to get the mags to feed. Once you modify the follower and adjust the feed lips, the steel mags will be very dependable.

Top Bottom