• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    CMMG Bravo and a bunch of Black Dog Machine magazines.

LOTS of fun for not much money. Accuracy generally falls somewhere between meh and "better than I expected"; through a 16" 1:9 barrel I was minute o' coke can with iron sights at 100 yards with CCI SV and Mini-Mags and a 1:7 barrel was a little less accurate then that.

I normally ran a boresnake through the barrel after shooting the conversion, and you'll want to run a couple rounds of 5.56 through your rifle after shooting to make sure the dirty 22LR doesn't plug up the gas port.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have one and like it a lot. I'm real big on using .22LR as an initial training round. It lets the new shooter get the feel of the gun without the extra recoil and loudness (I also like to teach suppressed). Once they get the feel for the rifle I pull out the conversion kit and put the BCG in for them to shoot .223. Sometimes I leave the kit in and let them just shoot away. I think it's well worth the money.
    Dan

smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hi,

I was going to do the same thing for my AR15. After doing a lot of reading, I choose to go with a dedicated.22 in AR platform. I got the MP 15 22. The price was a little more than the conversation kit, but having a rifle with the right twist for .22lr rounds and not dealing with the build up of rimfire rounds in my center fire rifle. Good luck with your choice.

Top Bottom