• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Saturday July 11 at RCC. Format is "20 Straight". If our Wednesday match is any indication, there will be a whole lot of good scores with 90% hit factor. This is an all comers event, all shooters fire at the same targets at 110, 165, and 200 yards. The payback is bigger and goes deeper into the scoring. Due to the easy setup for this match, there will be no Friday night setup. We'll just do it Saturday morning. Hope to see you there!!

Saturday July 11,
    Signup until 9:30
    Shooters meeting at 9:45
    Shoot for score at 10 am.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This promises to be a fun match with good weather. For those who want to try this game or for those who are thinking about running a 2nd gun, this is the match to attend. An easy format, good target visibility, everyone shoots the same targets out to 200, what more can you ask for....

Hope to see you there

Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This promises to be a fun match with good weather. For those who want to try this game or for those who are thinking about running a 2nd gun, this is the match to attend. An easy format, good target visibility, everyone shoots the same targets out to 200, what more can you ask for....

Hope to see you there

Rich

No 18 mph winds please.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    For anyone thinking of attending one of these, he is absolutely correct, this is the best one to pick as your first. I started shooting them this summer and have now shot all three formats. This is the simplest, and that helps immensely.

In this format, “all you have to do” is hit the targets. In the others, challenges are added, like having to shoot multiple distances in the course of a string of fire. It gets pretty busy, and errors come not (just) from trigger errors, but simply from not keeping up with what’s going on. Here, you shoot 20 at X distance, take a break, shoot 20 more at another distance, and repeat once more. That’s plenty to start.

It’s also worth going once, just to see what can be done.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    How often do these events happen?
    One on a Saturday and one on a Wednesday each month. The format (course of fire) varies from month to month.

This month’s is the “easy” one—all 20 in a string at the same distance, with sighters at that distance before each string.

I tried it last year and didn’t suck too bad. Going to try again tomorrow with better ammo and see what happens.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    32 guns today, a new record. $93 in prize mney, we paid cash back to 1st, 7th, 13th, 19th, 24th & 29th place won money thanks to the Lewis class style layout. What a great way to reward shooters at all skill levels.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    32 guns today, a new record. $93 in prize mney, we paid cash back to 1st, 7th, 13th, 19th, 24th & 29th place won money thanks to the Lewis class style layout. What a great way to reward shooters at all skill levels.

Great idea Rich! In Trapshooting the Lewis Class is always the most popular money option to play. Something for everyone. If you're the best, you always get money. If you're not the best, you can still win money. Of course they pay "score place" instead of "position place" and not all ties are shot off, so at large tournaments where there are always perfect scores and multiple scores at all numerical values, ties dividing money and the quantity of classes known in advance, the "gamers" in a 200 target event who miss one target can "drop" three more and guarantee hitting the 196 Lewis which is guaranteed to always be there because of how the numbers work out.

But the beauty of this long range event is with "no" perfect scores (yet), no scores being entered at some numerical values, and all ties being shot-off, nobody can figure out how to game the system. Other ideas like "long run pots" are probably possible also.

Well done and hopefully other sports will follow suit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Great match as always. Congrats to Bill, that's some good shooting. Looking forward to the next one! For anyone hesitant, people and atmosphere is great and friendly, come out and give it a go.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I'm brand new to this and have so far shot 1 long gopher, 1 short gopher (paper matches) and this past Saturday's "20 straight" silhouette at Riley.
    This is a good club to check out if you want to see what longer range .22lr shooting is all about. Very welcoming bunch, and they'll hope you get started. Every age and skill level is present.
    Be careful if you got an addictive personality, though. I met these dudes maybe two months ago, and was complete newb to anything beyond average squirrel distances. Now, I'm checkbook deep into my first "better" bolt-action .22lr, my first FFP scope, etc.
    My scores aren't anything to brag about, but they're starting to creep upward and I feel like I'm getting dangerously close to a clue or two. :)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Great idea Rich! In Trapshooting the Lewis Class is always the most popular money option to play. Something for everyone. If you're the best, you always get money. If you're not the best, you can still win money.
    But the beauty of this long range event is with "no" perfect scores (yet), no scores being entered at some numerical values, and all ties being shot-off, nobody can figure out how to game the system. Other ideas like "long run pots" are probably possible also.

Well done and hopefully other sports will follow suit.

Yes. The money slots are based on number of attendees, not scores. Bob L. won a 3 way tiebreaker, but he pushed himself into 6th place and out of the money slot. Randy was the middle guy in the tiebreaker and won $18. Shooters at the mid and lesser skilled levels still win money, and you can't game it because you can't control scores from other shooters. Very popular with the shooters here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yes. The money slots are based on number of attendees, not scores. Bob L. won a 3 way tiebreaker, but he pushed himself into 6th place and out of the money slot. Randy was the middle guy in the tiebreaker and won $18. Shooters at the mid and lesser skilled levels still win money, and you can't game it because you can't control scores from other shooters. Very popular with the shooters here.

Looks up the cost of CZ magazines..... yup.... definitely winning enough money to pay for those...... ;)
    Going to reach that ROI any day now, any day.....

Top Bottom