• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Not a sexy pick, but the S&W 21A is just fine for a range gun. Mine has been pretty reliable. Acurrate enough out to 50ft. Passes the "high velocity" test above. Just put some mini mags and velocitors through it today. That was after some cheap bulk. Velocitors made me wonder for the first few rounds though! WAY more recoil than the minimags's.

Anyway the 21A is pretty damn reasonable cheaper option for a decent gun. Got mine for $225 at 21st during a Christmas sale years ago.

Last edited:

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Great posts. The only thing I would add is to keep them clean. Whichever of these great suggestions you should choose. Such a narrow chamber and barrel, not much room for collected carbon. Extractor can be greatly compromised with built up carbon. Most malfunctions happen here or when the round is chambered. One usually affects the other.

RLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Greenville IN
    I've got a Ruger, Browning and Walther SP22M4. all are fine expect the Walther is a bit finicky about amo. The Ruger and browning eat it all....

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I bought my wife a LCR 22lr when it first came out it's been perfect ....... as any revolver would , I really wanted to get a sr22 for my daughter but the mosquito felt best in her hand and it came in purple…...... we've fed it only mini mags and it to has been perfect probably 1200 rounds through it, we have a few 100 rounds through a neos, it's been OK not as good as the Sig, our ruger 22/45 has the most rounds through it with a few ammo caused hickups - we run anything through it and only clean it every 500 rounds or so because it's such a pita to strip

Last edited:

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    One that i hardly ever see anyone post anything about is a S&W 22A model. This is a great investment at a good price. very fun to shoot and very reliable. I have put over 7K rounds through mine and done nothing but clean/polish and shoot. comes apart very easy and cleans easily. I have taken several squirrels with mine as well. Came out of box ready to shoot. Sights were actually dead on. I put a nice red green dot on top of mine. Everyone that has shot it family wise has been very impressed. Simple and parts if needed are readily available to purchase if needed. I take it with me deer hunting just in case i see a nice plump grey that wont stop driving my hearing crazy...lol

squeals99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Linton
    I have both a ruger 22/45 and sr22... Both eat anything I run through them....
    The 22/45 is a little but of a bear to take down to clean at first, but it gets better with experience

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom