• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Cabela's has .22 LR Remington 500 pack and Winchester 1,000 pack online. 23.95 & 49.95.
    Going to check out their store in Louisville this weekend. Has anyone check it out yet? Looking for a Remington 700 SPS Varmint with left hand action in .223. I sure they can order me one if they don't have one in stock. So I'm rambling here, but got a question. Just moved to Madison, IN area (bought a house here). Still own property in Georgia, haven't got my IN dvr license or CCW permit yet. Still have my GA dvr. license and license to carry. Question is, can I buy firearms in IN or KY on out of state ID (GA dvr lic and LTC)? Is there a waiting period or can I walk out of a gun store with either a handgun or long gun (after paying and filling out forms)? I know that Indiana and Kentucky both honors Georgia's license to carry.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'll chime in... I think you'll need IN I.D. (drivers license) to buy a gun. Buying vs carrying are quite different processes from a legal standpoint.

If you had something like a passport or other state issued I.D. that's another option -- but showing an IN address.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Madison

I have a buddy who goes to Madison regularly. There's a shop there that always seems to have guns and ammo. I don't recall the name of the shop but he was there last week and they had several ARs and some ammo. He picked up some .22lr for me 3 weeks ago there.

Cabela's showing inventory online does not necessarily mean they will have it in the stores. :dunno:

IN residents can buy long guns in KY no problem, with proper ID. I've bought 3 at Whittaker's.

mwsoccer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Dont get excited about online. Confirmation emails aren't going out after orders and I hear their computer system is not up to date. Might see a lot of orders cancelled or backordered for the .22. Just a heads up.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Dont get excited about online. Confirmation emails aren't going out after orders and I hear their computer system is not up to date. Might see a lot of orders cancelled or backordered for the .22. Just a heads up.

Me never had a problem on all my orders today. All went threw! All .22 is gone now tho. It yr payment went threw u will get yr order or orders 8-)

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Yes it won't let you complete the trans if its out of stock. Even though it still said in stock when I tried so I called and she said it must have just sold out.

Also your good to go on long guns, not so much on the handgun although you wouldn't be breaking any laws, just hurry up and get your stuff switched.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Went there last weekend, got the run around about not being able to buy a rifle because of being from another state, finally 3 people later I was able to buy me a rifle. Ammo selection does not exist, and they had a sign up limiting ammo purchase to 3 boxes period, not 3 of one caliber, you simply get 3 boxes, and they didn't have 3 boxes of anything .
    Store is about the size of a Gander Mountain, one good thing is they do stock clothes for us bigger guys , where as Gander usually stops at 2x , Cabelas had 3 and 4 x if needed.
    Gun selection was decent , a nice selection of used guns, but of course the prices are what you'd expect from one of these stores.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Ammo is short all over...went to 3 stores in Texas and two in Oklahoma last month ...the only store
    with ammo had limits on purchases ..2 x.22 and 1x 9mm...all others said to come back when the
    shipment comes in...one local store has a four box limit....or 4 bricks of. 22. Making it hard to find shooters for our local Appleseed events. Never thought I'd see hoarding of. 22s...

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    I ordered a box of each that I mentioned in my OP. Got a confirmation and delivery date. I did call Cabela's in Louisville about a LH Model 700. They did not have one in stock and the guy I talked to said they did not do special orders. Only sell what they have in stock.

I'll have to check out that LGS. There's one on Main St. named Guns and Tattoos, but they are always closed. Guess I will have to get my IN dvr. license soon.

Top Bottom