• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There are far too many incorrect points in that video to give him any credibility whatsoever. I'll just mention two from yesterday's memory, since I don't want to waste any more of my life watching it again.

1. His statement about head shots shows a lack of understanding about the dynamics of defensive situations. Anyone who's done any force on force training (or been in a violent encounter) knows from experience that delivering a head shot, under stress, when everyone is moving - is far from easy or certain.

2. His statement at the end about how you can't miss with a shotgun. Seriously? At typical defensive distances (say 21 ish ft and under), a shotgun must be aimed like any other gun. The shot spread is around 1-4" in that range - easy to miss. It's not a fire hose.

Noticed many such ignorant statements throughout the video, but I hope these suffice.

Agree with everything you said except, I suspect the majority of SD situations for the average person is going to be at home. With a distance of around 10 feet maybe. If we are talking SD out in the open so to speak, a shotgun is an impractical weapon to carry around. So the average person would not have a shotgun with them. Context should be considered. I believe the guy in the video was talking home defense, not roaming.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I personally don't want to be on the receiving side of the business end of any cal gun. I personally don't care if it is a pellet gun.. I don't want it. With that being said. this is to only complicate those in love with the .45 . or 9.. I won't go smaller than the 9mm kurz for SD

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    According to that graph, we should all have 357's in the house for home defense. I am rather surprised that the 9mm rated better than the 45ACP. The ballistic gel examples I've seen show 45 having a larger wound channel and greater expansion than the 9mm.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FOR THE RECORD, I think he's an idiot, or close to one.

What the Mossad does with a gun (assassination) and what I do (defense) are two different things.[STRIKE] I'd be curious as to what test and awards he's basing this on.[/STRIKE] nevermind, see page 2.

Top Bottom