• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    what are the going rates for the .223 ammo....what is a good deal....anyone have suggestions where to go...Im building my first ar15 and would like to start looking for ammo just in case i run across a good deal ill go ahead and buy it...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    what are the going rates for the .223 ammo....what is a good deal....anyone have suggestions where to go...Im building my first ar15 and would like to start looking for ammo just in case i run across a good deal ill go ahead and buy it...

Britton at 21st Century Firearms is selling PMC Brass for $6.99/box. That works out to $339/case. That's about the best deal going right now, plus you'd be supporting the people who support INGO. :ingo:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Mike at Acme Ammo is also a good source for remanufactured ammunition. My AR's swallowed 1000rds of his .223 and loved it. Good clean stuff, and good quality, roloadable brass (Lake City). He's also a site supporter / advertiser.

Acme Ammunition LLC - Home

The latest flyer I have for him has 55gr .223 right around $350 per 1k.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Britton at 21st Century Firearms is selling PMC Brass for $6.99/box. That works out to $339/case. That's about the best deal going right now, plus you'd be supporting the people who support INGO. :ingo:

I have been looking recently, and $6.99 is a GREAT price.

Precision Arms in Columbia City has some 20 round boxes for $8.50-$9.50.

Pri-partizan, American Eagle 5.56, and some PMC

CJsammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Scutter is right that price is great, but just a suggestion as I shoot AR-15's a lot testing out ammo it seems like PMC functions in them about 98% it seems like there kinda of sluggish to run thru a AR-15 that is more designed to shoot the 5.56 lot more chamber pressure makes the AR shoot great with a M193 or M855 running thru it but normally in today's standards your gonna pay a bit more per 1000 especially if you go with the M855. Just my own opinion would anyone agree or disagree with me on that?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Scutter is right that price is great, but just a suggestion as I shoot AR-15's a lot testing out ammo it seems like PMC functions in them about 98% it seems like there kinda of sluggish to run thru a AR-15 that is more designed to shoot the 5.56 lot more chamber pressure makes the AR shoot great with a M193 or M855 running thru it but normally in today's standards your gonna pay a bit more per 1000 especially if you go with the M855. Just my own opinion would anyone agree or disagree with me on that?

i disagree.... i while YOUR gun may be ammo sensitive, .223 should cycle an ar just fine regardless of whether its chambered for .223 or 5.56

CJsammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    IGW,
    IM curious as I do agree with a part of your statement they SHOULD work just the same, but AR's can be real smooth once you get it broken in know what she likes that sort of thing, but I guess the part that has my curiousity is you never noticed a difference between cycling between 5.56 Nato or just regular 223 like PMC? If you have never noticed IM curious to what ammo and what AR-15's used, as the bullets and the cambering are the same I believe the higher pressure makes a difference but again just my own experiences I would like to hear from some other users just to see what they think as well.:draw:

bm9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    223 ammo prices

I have purchased several thousand rounds over the last few months and the prices have been dropping consistantly. I'm not sure what type of ammo you are looking for but I lokk for the cheapest I can find for three gun and have been buying alot of the russian silver bear it works great for what I use it for and the last batch I bought at the 1500 I got for 26 cents per round.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have seen thousands of rounds fired. PMC keeps pace with the others. And in some 1/9 barrels it produces superb accuracy even beating out some match ammo (55 grain PMC vs. 75 grain Pvri).

I have seen no failures from PMC as of yet.

CJsammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I have a Colt SP-1 pre-ban does anyone know the twist on the barrel since where on the subject?

Top Bottom