• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    PSA armory has some expensive cci ammoin stock. Right on the landing page. $40 for 300. Can you take the difference in price off of your taxes?

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Sept of 2009 I started buying ammo. Following Jan. The shelves went empty. I bought as i could and eventually i had bought some reloading supplies. I slowed down my 401 k to buy these supplies. I kept buying. Meanwhile no one talks about thr continued rising cost of 22's. They were up to 19.00 a brick. I bought some 22 mag's. So over this time til now i have over 8000 of 22 bulk ammo. I havent bought any for over a year. I have sold some to close friends. Time will tell if i made a mistake there. I have bought powder, primers and moulds. Then bought lead. I can reload for many years. I bought a single stage press. I am trying to make quality ammo not quantity. Everyone has had the same opportunities for buying a little at a time like i did. People get mad because they dont have it now on demand. I think people might need to wake up, the food shelves are/have been dwindling down. I have come to a thought that i try to live by, is there something on the shelf that i would not be able to live without if it were no longer there?<br>
    i dont have enough money for all the things i see/need but i make better decisions. I hope that after the next administration change that all this will change but I caen guarantee that the brick of 22's are NOT going to be less than 30.00 per brick. Thats a conservative number.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    I too believe there have been a lot of new shooters enter the sport within the past couple of years.
    Combine that with others being caught by surprise at the ammo shelf as bare the grocery store shelves before a snow storm.

A lot of people found themselves with little or NO ammo, didn't like that feeling & want to prevent being in that position again.

Been there, done that... And you hit the nail on the head about what my frame of mind is in. I purposely keep $75 tucked away just in case I find 22s. I got caught with my pants down, (no 22 and none to be found) and I am NOT going to let that happen again. My girls are getting older/more curious about shooting, Even though I have about 2k 22 tucked away, I might find myself paying the inflated prices just to keep my girls shooting. would be nice if they loved my AR 15 chambered in 40. :): No worries about ammo shortage there. I have plenty of powder and primers. Now to not lose all my brass. :thumbsup:

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    Who would have thought 22lr would be so scarce. I quit shooting it and do not intend on buying any guns that shoot it until this panic ends. What 22 I have I let my girlfriend shoot it.You can reload 9mm for about 5 bucks a box if you don't buy brass.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Walmart had about 5 boxes of the 225 pack. When asked for, they told me I couldn't have it, as they were already purchased.

I asked why they were still in the case and he informed me they hadn't been picked up yet.

I asked the manager if they were paid for yet and he refused to answer and pulled them out of the case...

Some shady **** going on there.

I wouldn't let this go. I'd call the store and talk to the general manager, I'd call their corporate office. I wouldn't stop until I got someone in a sling.

DRoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Whiteland, IN.
    There is a fairly new store in Franklin by the name of Patriot Tactical they are located at 166 RJ Parkway Franklin, In. 46131 (317) 736-6111. I know they have 6000 rounds of the Aguila .22 Super Extra's left. They are 49.99 + tax for a 500 round brick. I know that's not cheap but they have them in stock now.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    attachment.php

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Scroll down. Still in stock.

Somebody will. It might as well be INGO.

This is not federal bulk stuff.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Scroll down. Still in stock.

Somebody will. It might as well be INGO

This is not federal bulk stuff.

I realize that. It is very good ammo and maybe $5.99 isn't bad, but what did it sell for before everyone went cuckoo? I'm not blaming the seller, it's completely natural to sell for what the market will bear. My issue is with the buyers, creating a highly inflated market because of PANIC.

When we can find ammo on the shelves on a regular basis, the panic will be over. However, that will take people PASSING on buying ammo when they don't need it and buying less than the limit when they do.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It's the same as Midway's price, but in stock. It's not like Cabelas is like CTD. I never knew them to price gouge. They might not be the cheapest in town, but at least they are constant in price, and the ability to get stock. I own 1200 rounds of 22lr, but there are people that don't have any, and that's why I link it.

Top Bottom