• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentt2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Speedway
    So i have recently got a remington model 597 and want to put a scope our a red dot on it now ive looked into a red dot from BSA. Does anyone have suggestions?

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    There are lots of good 22 scopes, but it depends greatly on your budget.

The Vortex Crossfire 2-7x rimfire is a pretty popular choice for about $120. I have also had good luck with Nikon ProStaff shotgun scopes @ $130, & I picked up a Nikon 3-9x ProStaff rimfire scope not to long ago that is a pretty nice option for <$150.

Going closer to $200 and for more magnification, the CrossFire II 4-12x and 6-18x work well and have adjustable objectives that dial down nicely for rimfire distances.

Of cource, if your budget is higher, there are plenty more great options to consider.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    For the win priced at 119

Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire V-Plex Rimfire

If you do more shooting at 100 yds go with the centerfire version for 10 extra bucks

+1000 to all that. I have a crossfire II 2-7 and couldn't be happier with it on my 597. The BDR is right on and the scope is crystal clear and bright. I have been quite impressed with the accuracy a $160 rifle can put out, hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Can't speak for the Crossfire in particular as I've never shot it, but I can't imagine anything much better than this....

PROSTAFF 3-9x40 Rimfire Matte BDC 150 from Nikon

After looking through a ton of optics, I settled on this one for my 10/22 Takedown and I'm glad I did! It has a BDC reticle that's calibrated for the .22lr and it works! And for reference, it's priced about the same as the Crossfire being discussed. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom