• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shooting this Sub Sonic lower velocity round in a 10/22 Ruger ( standard 10 round ) magazine is real new to me. I had grown really comfortable with the Federal AM22 Auto Match which is a high velocity round for benchrest shooting but want to fine tune my groups.

I have tried the CCI Sub Sonic and it works good. Please let me know the other brands and results for Sub Sonic .22LR that you have had.

TK

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I've tried the Remington Sub-sonics with decent success, about 2 in groups at 50 yards. I just replaced the barrel though as I'm sure it's had over 50,000 rounds through it. I plan on hunting whistle pigs this year with some sub-sonics so I'm hoping for smaller groups.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i shoot eley match and tenex in my 10/22's and bolt gun. most are in the 1050's to 1060's speed. work just fine.

what kind of 10/22 do you have built you shoot bench type ammo in? i built a couple that i use it in and am always curious what others have built...daryll

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They're a little pricy but I like RWS subs. They are SO quiet through my suppressor compared to CCI or REMINGTON subs.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    sorry for the dumb question but what is the main advantage for using this type of ammo?

Quieter for hunting, and better accuracy usually. No transition from supersonic to subsonic to foul up the bullets stability.
    I'm partial to the RWS subs for hunting. Pretty good expansion from the H/P and what I believe is a softer lead composition. Wolf Match Target, though not marketed as subsonic works just about as well when you hollow point the projectiles.:yesway:

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    I use Aguila sniper subsonic which is a 60 grain bullet so the foot pounds of force are pretty good within the useful range. Problem is most .22 LR cal barrels don't have an appropriate twist rate for this heavy bullet.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've used Dynamit Noble and RWS in the past. Have used a couple boxes of Remington Subsonic b/c a friend gave them to me and they weren't to bad. The CCI SV is around 1070 fps so I think it could be classified as subsonic w/o paying a premium. It is also pretty accurate out of my CZ 452s.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I found these here in Indy today for $27.99 a brick ( 10 boxes of 50 ) ..

Is this a good price before tax?

TK

Are those round noses?

I use the Remington subs because they are hollow points. I hunt on our farm a lot and don't want to spook the cows with a faster round.

Plus the Remingtons are expensive, $40 for 500

Jeff-223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My 10/22 loves Remington Subsonics. About 5 years ago I bought every type of subsonic 22LR bullet I could get my hands on. The Remington did the best groups at 50ft.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've tried the Remington Sub-sonics with decent success, about 2 in groups at 50 yards. I just replaced the barrel though as I'm sure it's had over 50,000 rounds through it. I plan on hunting whistle pigs this year with some sub-sonics so I'm hoping for smaller groups.
    2" groups at 50? You need to set higher goals. That sucks for a tuned 10/22 at 50 yds. You should be shooting for 1/2" at 50. Not 2". wow

Unless you are using iron sights or shooting offhand. In that case you did good.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom