.22LR WoW....am not believing what I am seeing..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    ^^^ Prime Example No Its Called Civility See this is what I mean This Place is turning into Greed mongering Site for people to throw their own personal agenda around. Go BAck to the roots of this board! I used to really Enjoy coming here Scanning the forum Comments and attitudes like that just turn people away

I just don't see the ethical point of tripling your money on things like 22 ammo and such if you wanna make 10-15 bucks on something then yea that's capitalism anything over that is just unethical and Immoral For example:
    Last Year PSA had CCI Blazer 22 for 200.00/case or so That's 10 525 packs @ roughy 20.00 a pack say you hoarded and bought 2 cases that's 20 bulk packs you now resell those 20 bulk packs at 60.00 that's 1200.00 that you stand to make that's 800.00 profit!!! That's just wrong immoral and greedy

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I've sold some ammo at a profit and just sold a brick of 22lr for $25 to a kid who just got his first gun - a ruger 10/22.

I don't feel bad at all for profiting from several folks who didn't prepare.
    again, what about the new firearms owners? how do you prepare when you only just bought the gun and only just thought about doing so?

Fear mongering or not 38spl, truth is truth. No law needs to be passed to change the way ammo is sold or handled interstate, just a regulation here and there and we're done. Prices so high no one can afford to shoot. If you want to paint me a the guy spreading the fear, so be it but someone needs to wake folks up to the reality of things.

in any case, I'm set. I have powder, primers, cases, molds and casting media a plenty. On top of that I have ammo enough to shoot for a good long time. For me it wasn't preparedness, it was simply how I shop. When I'm at a show or store and they have a good price, I buy some since I know full well I'll shoot it eventually. Is that hoarding? Then I'm a hoarder. I think it is a smart shopper who watches the sales, I do the same in the grocery store. If my neighbor was hungry though, I'd feed him. If my biddy wanted to hit the range but didn't have ammo fore whatever reason even when there isn't a panic, I cover him. If that makes me a Marxist, then I'm a Marxist.

I see no point in this, so hear the music boys, you win. I hope that makes you feel better too.You didn't change my mind any but I sure give up trying to put a simple point across.
    I will continue though to try and help all gunners unite as a group so deal with it.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Really ? .......

... EVERYONE determines which laws they'll follow or disregard. It's called Freedom mixed with Darwin's Natural Selection. I'm talking about drunks speeding and killing themselves, but also Homeys who try to invade / rob "the wrong guy" and his house, under the impression that most Homeys come from "oppressed" backgrounds, and don't need to go to the back of the Societal Bus any longer. Just go shopping in our "Cracker" environs and pick up what they have taken unjustly from Homey's Grand-parents, so long ago! That's the Natural Selection part I meant.

Remember you can't make up your own laws.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Fireman610

Its what our society has morphed into. Its all about ME, ME, ME, and look what it got us for a leader.

And this I understand.. But Our Leaders here on INGO Should Put their foot down and say if you wanna be all about You.. then this isnt the right place for you! We are a community of Activists friends and fellow sportsters here to Represent, Help and Educate those alike and unlike. We are not here to let you exploit those who didnt prepare or are new gunners.

people need to realize its not about them its about us as a whole

The hoarding is frustrating enough but the gouging is becoming ridiculous.

I was disheartened and furious when last week I was tooling around a shop and a lil guy about 6 (Proudly wearing his boy scout uniform) or so got his first gun a savage 22 bolt action, Dad says we need some ammo for that too! Clerk says we dont have any! the dad replies you dont have any 22 ammo!!??? Clerk... nope
    As this convo is playing out there is a guy walking out the door w a BOX full of bulk packs. I stop the guy in the parking lot and say he bud there a lil boy scout in there picking up a Savage 22 think you would sell them a couple of those boxes Guy replies Yep 50.00 a pop :xmad: know this guy just paid 25.00 a pop I said come on do this kid a favor ..50.00 a pop is the price! I had a few choice words for him and told him to move on. I then went to my truck grabbed my bulk pack of GBs that I keep for random moments of need waited for them to come out and gave them to him. That kid was more excited about the ammo than the gun. Told him to practice good and win some patches his reply "Thanks Sir ... I will" my day want down the tube after that but I didnt care A kid was happy and thats all I thought about

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Oh, and just to give you all a laugh at my expense...

I called Lost Creek in Marshall to see if they had any Blue DOT. "Yes, we have a few pounds" Could you hold one for me? I'll be right there, I live in Terre Haute. (thy have done this numerous times for me in the pat just to set the scene) "No sir, we aren't saving anything for anyone right now" OK, I understand. I be right over, can you tell me the price please? "$22.99/lb." I will be right there and I hung up and went.

Got there and there's no bBlue Dot on the shelf. So while I was checking out what else they had, the lady there asked if she could help... "Wow, guess I didn't get here fast enough to get any Blue Dot" said I smiling. The guy I spoke with said No, there's some n the back. The lady told me she'd go get me a pound then proceeded to wait on everyone else. So I looked around while I stood there about twenty minutes and noticed a pound on the "Save" Shelf (since this had been done for me I knew where it usually was kept) and mentioned that might be for me. "No, not yours. Someone else's. we aren't saving stuff for people anymore." Hmm thought I, so what's that? So I kept waiting.

She finally goes back and brings up the last two pounds of Blue Dot they had. She sits one on the counter for me then puts the other on the shelf and waits on another four or five folks, never said a word to me and never thought maybe to say sorry for the wait when she finally did get to me. Sorry to run on but here's the punch line...

"That'll be $49.99"

Are you talking to me? I asked.
    "Yeah, $49.99 is what I want for this pound of Blue Dot."
    I was told it would be $22.99 on the phone" as I looked at the guy who spoke to me.

"well we had a price increase in those thirty minutes it took you to get here." Dead pan, like she wasn't joking.
    "How much for the Green Dot? "$22.99 but for you it's the same price as the Blue Dot"

I had been shopping there for about a year and I don't recall ever making trouble there or even having one of them say a cross word to me. I stood there patiently, silently, no odd faces like I always do when waiting so I don't know why my price was doubled almost.

So I smiled at her and said, "I drive to Indy or Cayuga from now on, sorry to bother you."
    Still want the pound of Blue Dot she again said seriously.

"No." then I left.

So there you are.

BYW, they do have tons of ammo in all your favorite flavors, bullets and new brass cases to boot. Even .223 ammo and HOARDS or .224 dia Projectiles of all sorts of weights to include a majority of 55 & 62 grain and .309 dia projectiles heavier than 150 grain (also those suited for .30 Carbine loading but the heavy bullets seem harder to find than the lighter ones). They do have limits on what you can buy though and not much is actually price marked so bring your wallet and be ready in case they want to see how high they can go before you walk out. Just wanted to give all of you who are within driving distance of Marshall, IL a heads up. It will be MY last erport of what they have at least. :)

Last edited:

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    And do it legally.

And do it legally.

Which I doubt is the case.

What is your obsession with legality? You realize the revolutionary war was illegal right? In contrast, everything Hitler did inside the borders of Germany was legal. What a group of mostly old men dictate in some room somewhere has nothing to do with ethics.

If the day comes when firearms are confiscated en masse as a result of a newly passed AWB, will you be commanding that everyone turn over their guns because they are now illegal to own? Will you be the first one in line to throw your AK or AR or whatever into the compactor to make sure you are in compliance with the new regulation? Somehow I doubt it. I'm sure you will have some lame excuse about how that is different, even when it is still simply controlling other peoples behaviors that you disagree with. Stop demanding that the police and the enforcement arms of regulatory agencies due your dirty work for you. If you want people thrown in cages (or killed if they resist) for selling ammo at a price you don't like then do it yourself.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Out of curiosity, how would you define " hoarding " and why do you find it to be frustrating now ?

I think there are some misconceptions about who you think might be a hoarder...

First, most I know, myself included, built up their supplies over many YEARS... I would strongly suspect this was done during times when the prices were low and the shelves were full, so we hurt no one... We were buying when there was plenty to go around.

We went through this same thing back in 2008. If more would of learned then and became so called " hoarders ", we all would be better off now. For every hoarder you have out there, you also have a shooter that is staying out of this fray. I fail to see how those that have built up their supplies over the years and are staying out of this craziness can cause any type of frustration...

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Out of curiosity, how would you define " hoarding " and why do you find it to be frustrating now ?

I think there are some misconceptions about who you think might be a hoarder...

First, most I know, myself included, built up their supplies over many YEARS... I would strongly suspect this was done during times when the prices were low and the shelves were full, so we hurt no one... We were buying when there was plenty to go around.

We went through this same thing back in 2008. If more would of learned then and became so called " hoarders ", we all would be better off now. For every hoarder you have out there, you also have a shooter that is staying out of this fray. I fail to see how those that have built up their supplies over the years and are staying out of this craziness can cause any type of frustration...

Im talking about the people that wait at the shops walk in when it opens and takes every box avail. Example was given above like the man at my local shop the other day. He sees a young boy excited about his new gun Buys every box in stock and then wants to double his money on a kid learning how to shoot! I've bought incrementally over the years and have saved up. That Dosnt make us hoarders that makes us prepared. To walk into a shop and drop 3 grand on various ammo to resell at a profit is just pure hoarding and greed

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    What is your obsession with legality?

I have NO obsession with legality. For you to claim I do is totally false, you are only assuming and speculating, nothing more.

Further is there something wrong with wishing folks obey the laws, or do you wish to live in anarchy?

You realize the revolutionary war was illegal right?

How does this equate to the discussion, unless of course you are advocating a revolt?

In contrast, everything Hitler did inside the borders of Germany was legal. What a group of mostly old men dictate in some room somewhere has nothing to do with ethics.

Ridiculous, doesn't even deserve a comment.

I might ask what is your obsession to live in a lawless society?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Im talking about the people that wait at the shops walk in when it opens and takes every box avail. Example was given above like the man at my local shop the other day. He sees a young boy excited about his new gun Buys every box in stock and then wants to double his money on a kid learning how to shoot! I've bought incrementally over the years and have saved up. That Dosnt make us hoarders that makes us prepared. To walk into a shop and drop 3 grand on various ammo to resell at a profit is just pure hoarding and greed

Right, but I've been informed its all part of the "free enterprise" way of doing business.

What a crock.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To walk into a shop and drop 3 grand on various ammo to resell at a profit is just pure hoarding and greed

But I would bet there are some on here that would be just as frustrated at the shop for not imposing a 2,3,5 box limit on that particular customer....

We had a ammo shortage back in 2008 and it wasn't the first... This is the great shortage of 2013. Important thing is what are you going to do differently prior to the next shortage ? Myself, I hope to be better prepared in .22 LR....

To clarify my first post... I wasn't talking about ammo.... Only ammo I ever buy is .22. I was referring to reloading components that I have built up over the years....

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And this I understand.. But Our Leaders here on INGO Should Put their foot down and say if you wanna be all about You.. then this isnt the right place for you! We are a community of Activists friends and fellow sportsters here to Represent, Help and Educate those alike and unlike. We are not here to let you exploit those who didnt prepare or are new gunners.

people need to realize its not about them its about us as a whole

I was disheartened and furious when last week I was tooling around a shop and a lil guy about 6 (Proudly wearing his boy scout uniform) or so got his first gun a savage 22 bolt action, Dad says we need some ammo for that too! Clerk says we dont have any! the dad replies you dont have any 22 ammo!!??? Clerk... nope
    As this convo is playing out there is a guy walking out the door w a BOX full of bulk packs. I stop the guy in the parking lot and say he bud there a lil boy scout in there picking up a Savage 22 think you would sell them a couple of those boxes Guy replies Yep 50.00 a pop :xmad: know this guy just paid 25.00 a pop I said come on do this kid a favor ..50.00 a pop is the price! I had a few choice words for him and told him to move on. I then went to my truck grabbed my bulk pack of GBs that I keep for random moments of need waited for them to come out and gave them to him. That kid was more excited about the ammo than the gun. Told him to practice good and win some patches his reply "Thanks Sir ... I will" my day want down the tube after that but I didnt care A kid was happy and thats all I thought about
    Why didn't you go to your truck in the first place instead of making the demand of another?

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Why didn't you go to your truck in the first place instead of making the demand of another?

Because I was gonna buy the kid some! I didn't demand anything of the guy I just tried to negotiate w him! When he turned into the northend is a south bound mule I dealt w the matter myself and gave up some of my own not to mention the ammo in my truck has rode around in there for a year and half or so. I figured he might like some fresh ammo that hasn't been through the seasons and weather changes.
    Rude disrespectful Internet tough guys. Learn some manners and become part of civilization

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    But I would bet there are some on here that would be just as frustrated at the shop for not imposing a 2,3,5 box limit on that particular customer....

We had a ammo shortage back in 2008 and it wasn't the first... This is the great shortage of 2013. Important thing is what are you going to do differently prior to the next shortage ? Myself, I hope to be better prepared in .22 LR....

To clarify my first post... I wasn't talking about ammo.... Only ammo I ever buy is .22. I was referring to reloading components that I have built up over the years....

Some shops should impose qty restrictions makes sure the wealth is spread out to everyone.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    You sound just like the government, gotta spread the wealth.

Why so you can be like our leaders and have it all so none of the rest of us can have any at all?? This guy must work for DHS w his 10.9 billion rounds ordered per year!!

If you want it all I got some prime farmland in the Alaska Tundra ill sell ya at 2.8 an acre

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

I've been buying ammo for 17 years. Prices go up an down. Supplies of this or that come and go.

We had these same discussions a few years ago. I'm sure we'll have them again in a few years.

I simply can't wrap my mind around the fact that people who have been buying ammo for more than a couple years and/or who have been on the internet in the past few years have been caught with their pants down.. in most cases *again*.

After the 2008 debacle, I instituted a 2 box rule for .22lr. Every time I had to go into walmart for something, I bought two boxes of .22lr 1,100 rounds for $21 with tax. I did that for a year or so, until prices reached the ridiculous level of $13.99 per box of 550.

I have 2 and half .30 cal cans of .22lr down in the basement now. Hoarding? I call it saving for retirement.

Likewise, we had the reloading scare of '08. I was consulting out in Michigan City and would stop by the local shop out there (the guy is douche BTW, I refuse to shop there anymore) once a week to pick up 2 500 round boxes of 230 gr .45acp bullets. $34.50 a box. I have around 10 boxes sitting down stairs. Hoarding? Again, it's saving for retirement.

I feel for the people who just got into shooting recently, I do.

I really have no sympathy for the people who, week after week, would only buy what they needed to shoot for that week and never put any back for a rainy day.

It's raining folks, and most of the people complaining in this thread had YEARS if not decades to have some extra ammo set aside. I've bought all of 3 boxes of ammo since Sandy Hook. A total of 150 rounds of 9mm I sold to a friend for the price on my receipt.

We need to save this thread so we can come back in another 3-4 years and see these same people, *****ing about the same stuff, because they failed to do anything about it.

Top Bottom