• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree, knives and tool duplication could be avoided to add other items. The triple ATB ointment is a great idea. I would try to incorporate a bandana/towel and a large trash bag.

The pads were an idea I have heard before, but wouldn't readily have thought of to look for.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    It is a good premise... go into your local dollar store and see what you could grab quickly and cheaply, if you needed to. It isn't a bad idea to keep it in mind if things went bad, instead of going to a big store (if I am thinking food/water, I am thinking Kroger/WM/Marsh, not a discount store).

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was a thread a few years ago that had "Survival Necessities" recommended by Dollar General, or another chain. They listed what to buy. Anyone remember that?

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Very cool idea. I would have added other stuff like TP and more water. Every one looks at what is needed differently. Talk to a dozen people and you will get a dozen different lists.

I would have chosen a pry bar over the tools he chose. I would think a pry bar could get you into places to hide or even find more supplies. I am not saying to brake into a store or some ones home. I am saying there are abandon buildings that could give you shelter. Some may even have stuff that you could use.

I am not saying he chose wrong I am just saying we all look at things differently. Every one needs to look at these lists and add what they need to take care of them and their people. Think back from the time you got up today to the time you went to bed. What did you do what did you need to do it. What gave you the most comfort? That will give you an idea of what you need in your bag. If coffee is a must have then you need to put that in your bag along with the stuff to make it. That is the sort of stuff that will make your day more doable.

Good luck with your choices and my you never have to use them in an emergency.

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Not making fun, but I had a little laugh when he pulled out the corkscrew on the knife first. Not the blade. Who cares about the blade. The corkscrew is a valuable tool. Just in case your attacked by a wine bottle or need to survive in a winery, McGyver....But I understand the other uses it could have.

Top Bottom