• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Because of the whole 2A debate, I've read a lot of what our founding fathers have directly written instead of instead of what modern scholars have "interpreted". This ranges from the Articles of Confederation, The Federalist Papers, State constitutions from the founding colonies, personal correspondence, bills approved or only proposed from our from those that directly had a hand in our constitution and bill of rights and those that only had influence on it.

After all of this, IMO, the right for every American to keep and bear arms is removed from doubt. Obviously the author of the article didn't do much of his own homework.

"I ask the acceptance, by your son, of a keep-sake from me. It is an article of the tackle of a gun-man, offering the convenience of carrying the powder & shot together. I presume he is a gun-man, as I am sure he ought to be, and every American who wishes to protect his farm from the ravages of quadrupeds & his country from those of biped invaders." - Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Peter Minor, July 20, 1822

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm sure the creep did his homework, trying to find any crevice to help cast doubt and diminish our great constitution. Leftists never stop chipping away with their lies and distortions. Intentional lies against the only part of our government that protects us, and limits government. They won't be happy until we have a Soviet style government, and the only thing standing in the way of total power is that pesky constitution!

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    He is wrong on all accounts but what is odd, is that he claims small arms will not combat what our military has. If this is true, why do we still have soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I remember when Bush first sent troops to Iraq. I think it was Tom Brokaw that said we would be in and out in 2 weeks and we would crush them. Well here we are 12 years later.

Why do rebellions over throw governments every year? This guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I was an Indianapolis Star paperboy for 7 years. The Star gave me a scholarship to help pay my college tuition. Before me, my older brother had that same paper route, along with four other routes. (He's always been more industrious than I.) He was given a Star scholarship too.

But when the Star sold out to Gannett Newspapers, and shortly thereafter removed all private sales of firearms from the Star's Classifieds section, I cancelled my Star subscription and never looked back. It's not a local paper any more, and it certainly doesn't reflect a "Hoosier" point of view on most issues, let alone on the Second Amendment.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    "Practically speaking, this argument is ludicrous. Our 21st-century armed forces have shoulder-fired missiles and tanks, helicopter gunships and F-16s, tactical nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. The idea that ordinary citizens could "resist" such a force with semi-automatic rifles and 30-round magazines is unrealistic, to say the least."
    Right because guerrilla warfare and hit and run tactics are completely ineffective against the US military machine. Just ask the afghans and the viet namese and the iraqis. Oh wait they have all waged effective military campaigns using those exact tactics against a highly trained and technologically superior enemy.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Its propaganda folks. Nothing more.
    I couldn't find the comments but I hope you guys raked him over the coals. We can't afford to let these anti 2nd ramblings float along unchallenged.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Which is why our infantry units are being shrunk down to glorified airstrike/tank flagging groups, right? I mean, you can hold ground forever with a buncha tanks and planes....

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The point about the F-16s is getting tiresome. The point isnt that people would attack the government head on. Thats suicidal. They just want to maintain dependance against some tyrannical government or invading army. Its not like their would be an Apache Helicopter at everyones door step. Destroying America may be possible, but with armed citizens, its highly unlikely America could ever be occupied.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Lots of good comments and I added my own.

Sadly, those who really need to read them probably won't.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I recognize a lot of real names on there :)

The concept of a "rifle behind every blade of glass" is just as applicable now as it was 60 years ago, no matter who the invading force may be. Guerilla/4G/5G warfare has proven to be nearly as devastating and demoralizing to an opposing force as guided bombs, naval and aircraft assaults.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I recognize a lot of real names on there :)

The concept of a "rifle behind every blade of glass" is just as applicable now as it was 60 years ago, no matter who the invading force may be. Guerilla/4G/5G warfare has proven to be nearly as devastating and demoralizing to an opposing force as guided bombs, naval and aircraft assaults.

this.

Our 21st-century armed forces have shoulder-fired missiles and tanks, helicopter gunships and F-16s, tactical nuclear weapons and aircraft carriers. The idea that ordinary citizens could "resist" such a force with semi-automatic rifles and 30-round magazines is unrealistic

how well did weapon superiority work for the US in vietnam, afghanistan, and iraq?

Top Bottom