• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    Hey everyone I'm writing a persuasion paper for pro-2nd amendment. Does anyone know any good court cases where the right to bear arms prevailed or shootings where lives could have been saved if someone would have been carrying. I need a lot of material to add to the stuff I already have. Its my last english 111 paper. I'm trying to make the best case possible.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.

Gun Facts has 112 pages of information. Divided into chapters based on gun control topics (assault weapons, ballistic finger printing, firearm availability, etc.), finding information is quick and easy.

Each chapter lists common gun control myths, then lists a number of documented and cited facts (with nearly 500 detailed footnotes). Thus when a neighbor, editor or politician repeats some sound bite about firearm control policy, you can quickly find that myth then rebuke with real information.

Download a copy at - Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Eventually you will come across Miller as well. One very important thing to note about Miller: The case was not ever really finished. SCOTUS actually remanded the case back to the lower court to determine whether or not a sawed-off shot gun was ever used in a military capacity, and therefore could be considered a weapon of the militia. The courts opions was that if the weapon was suitable for militia usem, then it would be protected by the Second Amendment. However, by the time of the ruling, Miller was already dead (some think he was killed), and nothing ever came of it, no determination was ever made, so it was chalked up as a "win" by the anti-gunners for the better part of a century.

Heller was important for two reasons, it delcared that the right was a fundamental individual right and it separated the right to keep and bear arm from militia service.

As a result of Miller never being remanded and decided, we should keep in mind that it was never really determined whether or not the NFA (the basis for all federal gun laws today) is really constitutional (it's not).

Top Bottom