• IronHorseman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Fort Branch
    E-mail message

Subject: Hit the ground running
    *** Margie and I just got home from the candidate forum in New Harmony, IN.**On behalf of all those of you who called or wrote*Rep. VanHaaften*to refuse to give HB 1206 a hearing, I thanked him for obliging our demands.
    ****We got a call from Sen. Johnny Nugent this morning early.* He told me that Sen. Steele, who is the Chairman on the committee that Sen. Nugent's bill SB 356 will be heard, is going to wait to hear the bill until us folks down here in the southern half of the state get there.
    *** So*we plan to get there around 10 AM*Indy time.* It looks like about 5 to 7 of us will be*saddling up early Tuesday morning to head up there.
    *** I talked with Sen. Bob Deig this morning at the forum to explain the logic behind SB 356.* This*bill will provide for*handgun carry license holders to carry on any state owned or leased property and buildings.
    *** Sen. Deig*told me months ago that he*could not support such a measure, but we've been working on him.* This morning he said he will keep an open mind and he did listen to my arguments about the outcome of what happens when Gun Free Zones make for Self Defense Free Zones.
    ****This is a short session and it's a time crunch on getting bills to a committee and out of a committee.
    *** If we get a vote on this in committee, it will go to the*Senate floor for a second reading and that's where it can get amendments added.* If that happens it will get an up or down vote on each amendment.* Then*it will get a thrid reading in the full senate and if passed it will then go to the House and the whole things starts all over.*
    *** These bills have to be ready to cross over to the other side by Jan. 30.* With the property tax having everything on the run, it's going to be high water to get other bills to move.
    *** We appreciate the accommodation that Sen. Steele is providing*by waiting until we get there.* We also appreciate Sen. Nugent and all the co-sponsor's that have signed onto this bill.
    *** Bills that have testimony from citizens have a better shot.* We appreciate those who are going with us who are*sacrificing up a workday and pay to stand before a group of legislators and state their case.
    *** It take courage, nerve, and sense of civic duty to go the distance and proclaim what you believe and do it all outside the comfort zone.
    *** This is what real grassroots is.* It's a collective body of citizens who have no huge cash accounts or tax exemptions that silence them.* It's a group of Patriots that spend time with both feet on the ground facing our opposition square in the eyes without blinking.
    *** We don't burn the candle on fundraising, not that that's bad, it's just that*the job just doesn't get done without engagement and close quarter combat.
    *** Phone calls, postcards, letters and e-mails all serve a purpose, but when you're standing in front of 10 legislators where they hear your voice and can see your determination in your face, that ratchets things up to the next level.
    *** We know the weather might be bad, but we've made that trip before in the snow.
    *** I'll keep all of you posted on how things shake out and if you want to run this letter to others around the country, be my guest.* I have received a few new folks who have hitched their wagon to ours in the past several days as a result of getting the letters we send out forwarded by you guys.
    *** Thanks to all of you and keep the fires hot.
    Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks for posting these messages. What is up with all the

************** **** ** stars in the message?

Top Bottom