• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I was thinking about putting a 3.5 Ghost rocket or a 2.5 connector in my G26. I carry every day. I know it won't give me a 3.5 lb or 2.5 lb trigger pull, but what I am want tighter groups at the range. Does anyone have suggestions on connectors? Is a connector change worth the $20 or should I just buy 100 rounds and keep practicing?

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Best advice: Buy 1000 rounds and keep practicing. When at home, stand a brass casing on the front of the slide by the front sight and squeeze the trigger (with an empty gun and with the gun pointed in a safe direction) and don't allow it to wobble/move/fall. Don't underestimate the value of safe dry-fire practice!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Without other mods you will end up 3.5 to 4 pounds. Just don't change the striker spring and use normal safety protocol. finger off the trigger until sights are on the target. [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Without other mods you will end up 3.5 to 4 pounds. Just don't change the striker spring and use normal safety protocol. finger off the trigger until sights are on the target. [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    What kind of problem can you get if the striker spring is replaced?

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Best advice: Buy 1000 rounds and keep practicing. When at home, stand a brass casing on the front of the slide by the front sight and squeeze the trigger (with an empty gun and with the gun pointed in a safe direction) and don't allow it to wobble/move/fall. Don't underestimate the value of safe dry-fire practice!

I tried that tonight after reading your post. Not a bad idea although I found the 9mm casing to be pretty easy to master so I moved up to a rifle round. Awesome recomendation. I am going to put an extended slide stop/release on it. I do think the extended slide stop is worth the few $$.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy

I have heard of people trying to tweak the trigger feel by replacing with a reduced-power striker spring, thereby inducing reliability issues, due to some ammo having harder primers.

I swapped to 3.5 connectors a long time ago, but had always been dissatisfied with the mushy trigger. Recently, I added NY1 trigger springs. After some testing, I am satisfied with this combination.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the stock set-up, and shooting the pistol a lot. James Yeager gave that recommendation, and I cannot disagree with it. That may well be the wisest thing to do.

Whatever you do, I believe anyone who knows a connector from a conk shell will tell you that the 2.5 connector is NOT advisable for a defensive carry Glock.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    a 3.5 connector with a internal parts polish, or just the polish, will smooth that stock trigger out very well.

I wouldn't do any more than that to a carry gun.

If you don't have stuff for the polish, just hit me up, I live in Bedford as well. I've done it many, many times.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I am going to put an extended slide stop/release on it. I do think the extended slide stop is worth the few $$.

Many of us recommend AGAINST using the extended slide release.

The last thing you want in a gunfight is having your thumb hit that thing and lock the slide back. The first thing many of us who compete with Glocks do is remove it.

If it's something you want to try, I have one from my new G34 you can have.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I tried that tonight after reading your post. Not a bad idea although I found the 9mm casing to be pretty easy to master so I moved up to a rifle round. Awesome recomendation. I am going to put an extended slide stop/release on it. I do think the extended slide stop is worth the few $$.

Glad I was able to help you out my friend. :yesway:

I practice that every night (when I can).

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    a 3.5 connector with a internal parts polish, or just the polish, will smooth that stock trigger out very well.

I wouldn't do any more than that to a carry gun.

If you don't have stuff for the polish, just hit me up, I live in Bedford as well. I've done it many, many times.

If you'd be willing I'll take you up on the offer. Pm sent

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Possibility of a failure to fire because of a hard primer. I put 500 rounds through my 17C without an issue and then had 2 failures to fire within the next 50 rounds, all WWB ammo.. They both fired second time around but that's why I won't put a reduced power striker spring in a carry pistol, stick with the factory Glock spring.
    The up side of the reduced power spring is areduction of about 3/4 of a pounds in trigger pull weight but even with the stock striker I always get them 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pounds and that's about 1 1/2 pounds lighter than stock.. Doing that and eliminating the overtravel makes a huge difference IMHO but I have to say everyone that has tried that setup really likes it.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Top Bottom