Please reply by conversation.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Sold for $10....

This scope came with my Savage Mark II bolt action .22 rifle. There was no brand markings on the scope. Which, as an information professional, got my curiosity going just a bit.

So I started with the instructions that came with the scope. They indicated the model# is D-TG-IS-03; it was made in China; and was imported by Delta OEM LLC (which is based in FL according to some Googling). Further Googling indicated the mfg. is Delta OEM (Nantong) Inc., which is an OEM for Tru-Glo (at least). This seems to indicate the "D" stands for Delta and the "TG" stands for TruGlo. Not sure what the IS stands for, since the closest TG scope to mine is from their TrueShot series.

So, my scope might be this one: Truglo 3-9x40 Trushot Riflescope

However, despite the obvious similarities, the ring to adjust the magnification does not match up exactly and covers on the adjustment knobs are not quite the same either. So I did a bit more digging and found that the knob covers and mag ring resemble those on a NikkoStirling Mountmaster (the version w/o an adjustable objective lens). Which is also made in China.

So my scope might be this one: Nikko Stirling - Optics for Sport, since 1956 (the upper one).

Anyway, I have posted a picture of the actual scope below and you can decide for yourself. Regardless, it is a budget scope of somewhat muddled origin. It has a typical plex reticle and a 1" tube. Adjustments are 1/4" at 100 yards per click. Comes with rings and instructions. Rings are medium height and work on weaver or picatinny bases. Several different companies offer similar scopes in the $40 to $75 price range and for a .22 or airgun used for general plinking, they work just fine.

I used this scope for about 300 rounds before I replaced it. Light transmission was decent and optical clarity was not bad, but not great. I had it sighted in at 50 ft and I shot some solid 1-2 hole groups with it at that range. This is not some uber tactical wonderscope for your latest tacticool sniper build.

It is a...a scope. And I want the bargain basement price of $10 for it. Put on your kid's airgun or 22 and let them shoot it until it breaks. By then, they will be good enough for something better and until then, you are out ten bucks plus the cost of some very-much reusable bases, if needed.

Terms: FTF in Lafayette. Cash only. Exact change please.

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom