• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    coyote fur is mostly used in the (trim trade) like on parka hoods jackets and coats. better quality coyote from western U.S. some times made into full length coats. Joe Nameth can often be seen wearing coyote at NFL games.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He went out last night to try to call some in before dark. He called in an owl using the rabbit sound on the game caller but no yotes. He said it was pretty darn cool watching the owl fly past his head twice though! It landed in a tree behind him and looked and looked for the rabbit. After not finding it, it flew back to the same tree it had come out of.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    He went out last night to try to call some in before dark. He called in an owl using the rabbit sound on the game caller but no yotes. He said it was pretty darn cool watching the owl fly past his head twice though! It landed in a tree behind him and looked and looked for the rabbit. After not finding it, it flew back to the same tree it had come out of.

Yeah, that is cool! I had a barred owl knock my hat off a few years ago. I was using a mouth call and just happened to see something in the very top of my vision, looked up a little and here is this owl about 4 feet away with his talons out! I think me and the owl both said "oh ****" at the same time. I had just enough time to lean over a little and he was able to pull his feet up a bit but he still hit my head hard enough to remove my hat, net, and the beanie under neath it all. Owl perched in a tree right close by and had a real WTF? look on his face! Didn't get any yotes that evening but had one heck of a smile!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The first two my husband shot were at 12:30 a.m. and 4:15 a.m. (same night hunt...he stayed out all night). The last one he shot at 9:40 p.m.

The coyote on the cameras now seem to be passing through around 4:30 a.m. so he is planning to get up around 2 and head out unless it is too foggy to see.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is out again now. He is not computer literate so he left me his camera cards to view but apparently decided there were enough tracks that he needed to be out there. I would text him to see how long he plans to stay, but his phone is laying on the table in here so I guess that just won't happen.

I did find these and lots more pictures on the one camera though :):

STC_0013_1.jpg

STC_0050.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby came in and asked if I had a big dog on the camera card because there were huge foot prints out there. I showed him that picture, and he just shook his head...he was not out there at the right time. Nothing was moving this evening and now it is too cloudy to see anything.

I have no idea how many we have. There were at least three different ones on this card and he has shot three in the past few weeks. He also found one along the road that somebody hit not far from us. Another guy is trapping not far from here and has had several.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He looks old to me. His hair is much rougher than most of the others we've been seeing. The three he has shot all had beautiful pelts.

Top Bottom