• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    My dad recently got an AR-15 in .300 AAC Blackout. I haven't had a chance to fire it and he's holding onto the little bit of ammo he's found. Anyone else care to share their experiences at the range and opinions on it? Where are you finding ammo?

Thanks.

mwagner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    The only place I have seen any .300AAC is at a local gun shop and they only had a box or two.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I have a 300 Black Out upper. Picked it up just because I like the idea of a .30 cal AR. Have put many rounds through it without any problems. The mags (U.S. Military) I use will usually only hold 29...but I don't see that as a problem.

As for ammo, I picked up a set of dies and all the brass I could find shortly after buying my upper.

-G

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Looks like a good gun. Reports are favorable as well. Good luck and if you can, write up a report on what you think after firing it for a while. I love getting the straight dope from owners vs. professional testers.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I have a Noveske 8" that I built with a Thompson Machine "Thirty" on it. I really like it so far. Suppressed it's amazingly quiet. I've only ran 50 rnds through it when I visited it in NFA jail. Hope to bring it home in the next month. Subsonic ammo is scarce even if you reload. Natchez had 220 gr bullets in stock so I picked some up. Loaded ammo is really hard to find though.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    An M4-style in 300 Blackout is my next build and the parts gathering is just getting underway. I ran a course of fire with a borrowed rifle three weekends ago and was immediately sold on the caliber. Picture an M4 SBR, suppressed with the barrel and can coming in at about 18" OAL. All it's innards were teflon coated and it was probably the smoothest AR I've ever handled. Fired 120 rounds through it and the rifle made the sweetest "thup-thup, thup" sound. I bet you're gonna love it!

Not having much luck finding a set of dies, though. :dunno:

Top Bottom