• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Surefires I have used are very durable and forgiving but like you said they aren't quiet. Even the longer versions are loud

I agree. Surefire worked on the "total signature reduction" as they call it. Sound, flash, attenuation as well as minimal poi shift with it on/off. If you are looking for the quietest can, surefire is not for you IMO. At least not their socom line. But they are full auto rated and have really good quick mount.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    I have a Silencerco Omega and it's a great, light can. I would have chosen a can with more flexibility had one been in stock when I ordered mine. One thing I didn't like about 300BO is how loud the AR platform is. I had a 300BO pistol and the bolt moving around by your head was loud enough to not make it so "cool" for me. My 5.56 and (308 bolt with subs) sound awesome though. Good luck on your quest. Cans are a lot of fun!

Last edited:

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    After a bit of research and based on some recommendations, I think I am looking at the liberty Mystic X. It seems to meet all of my current needs and some possible future needs. This and it is end user serviceable. Now for the fund raising!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I have a Silencerco Omega and it's a great, light can. I would have chosen a can with more flexibility had one been in stock when I ordered mine. One thing I didn't like about 300BO is how loud the AR platform is. I had a 300BO pistol and the bolt moving around by your head was loud enough to not make it so "cool" for me. My 5.56 and (308 bolt with subs) sound awesome though. Good luck on your quest. Cans are a lot of fun!

A JP Silent Captured buffer spring and an adjustable gas block will work wonders in the quiet department.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    A JP Silent Captured buffer spring and an adjustable gas block will work wonders in the quiet department.

I picked one of those up on their BF sale, 15% off and free shipping. Plus I have a Geissele SSA trigger also Black Friday deal, that with the lower parts kit....practically an SBR already. :)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Another vote for a SiCo Hybrid, but the Mystic is a great choice as well. For me, I wanted a one size fits all can, and I plan on getting a 45-70 at some point. I do wish it was user serviceable, however it will never see rimfire anything that dirty. For me, a QD mounts was really important. Sharing pistons with the Rugged Obsidian was also really important. It'll see use on about everything I own via either direct thread or QD mounts.

Top Bottom