• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    So I finally found a nice savage 99 I’m going to pick up. It’s in 300 savage and I’m ok with that! Dang though it’s a pricey round to buy factor loaded ammo!

I reload a lot so I’m ok with that and it’s one of those rounds that I will save a lot on. I’m having a hard time finding brass seems it’s a seasonal run item. Anybody have any recommendations on place to look other than midway, mid south, grafs? I’m striking out.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    @Aszerigan can make you brass. He has done it before and can even provide loaded ammo. He has his ffl to manufacture ammo…. Check out his thread under Whitetail Trading Company.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    So I finally found a nice savage 99 I’m going to pick up. It’s in 300 savage and I’m ok with that! Dang though it’s a pricey round to buy factor loaded ammo!

I reload a lot so I’m ok with that and it’s one of those rounds that I will save a lot on. I’m having a hard time finding brass seems it’s a seasonal run item. Anybody have any recommendations on place to look other than midway, mid south, grafs? I’m striking out.
    One of my sons recently bought a 99 in 300 savage also. We couldn't find brass anywhere and the only factory stuff was $4 a shot. I just loaded 275 of them for him using 308 win brass. They weren't too bad to make, but beware, you need to anneal the cases before sizing. If you don't, you get too much spring back at the shoulder to fit a case gauge properly. I also bought a Redding sizing-trim die from grafs to to move the shoulder back so that the case can be trimmed to length BEFORE sizing with a standard full length sizing die.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Do you have a trimmer, neck turner or an
    annealer?

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    Do you have a trimmer, neck turner or an
    annealer?
    I have a trimmer and I can anneal I have saw people use 308 but I’d really rather not as I have an FAL and a M1A I shoot. I can just see being out shooting one day with friends and someone puttting the 300 savage in them I know it would just fire form it but being I live in Illinois I may not be able to replace anything if something would happen

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a trimmer and I can anneal I have saw people use 308 but I’d really rather not as I have an FAL and a M1A I shoot. I can just see being out shooting one day with friends and someone puttting the 300 savage in them I know it would just fire form it but being I live in Illinois I may not be able to replace anything if something would happen
    Ok, a few ways to skin that cat.
    A few cases off the top of my head that will work are, 7-08, 243, 22-250, 30-06 as a cace to form from.
    We load 300 Savage, I will dig in some old boxes and see what I can find.

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    Ok, a few ways to skin that cat. A few cases off the top of my head that will work are, 7-08, 243, 22-250, 30-06 as a cace to form from. We load 300 Savage, I will dig in some old boxes and see what I can find.
    Ok, a few ways to skin that cat. A few cases off the top of my head that will work are, 7-08, 243, 22-250, 30-06 as a cace to form from. We load 300 Savage, I will dig in some old boxes and see what I can find.

Top Bottom