• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Fishers
    I have been trying to find this ammo for an old revolver my dad has. Been looking for a while with no luck. Anybody know where I might have better luck?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    What kinda revolver? There’s a few types of 32 SW. There’s long, short, and special off the top of my head

I have an old Iver Johnson in 32 SW short. I found some out of stock at SGAmmo and signed up for the email notification. 6 months later I got an email and ordered some. It was like 40 bucks for a box of 50 I think.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Check the age and make of your gun, the 32 S&W short goes back to the BP era. My Merwins and some of the S&W top breaks are only good for BP ammo which I make myself. Brass is available from Starline and is very good.

Attachments

• merwin 32.jpg
      merwin 32.jpg
      194.9 KB · Views: 5

MattCook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Fishers
    Check the age and make of your gun, the 32 S&W short goes back to the BP era. My Merwins and some of the S&W top breaks are only good for BP ammo which I make myself. Brass is available from Starline and is very good.
    Ok, gotta get my magnifying glass out for that. What is BP era?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Ok, gotta get my magnifying glass out for that. What is BP era?
    Black Powder cartridges

If I'm not mistaken 32 S&W is the "short version" . Also labeled 32 Police and 32 S&W short sometimes. 32 S&W long will be longer than the cylinder.

There is also 32 Colt short, but it is a smaller diameter ( originally was a heeled bullet). I have heard of people shooting 32 Colt short but the accuracy usually suffers. I am not sure of the pressure difference between S&W vs Colt cartridges.

Last edited:

MattCook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Fishers
    Yeah my dad believes he was told it was some kind of a police gun when he gotta about 40 yrs ago.

On the top of barrel theirs lots of dates. On the underside of the stock looks like it says 93979.

There's 5 bullets in it. The bullet says W-W 32 S&W. Anybody know what that means?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah my dad believes he was told it was some kind of a police gun when he gotta about 40 yrs ago.

On the top of barrel theirs lots of dates. On the underside of the stock looks like it says 93979.

There's 5 bullets in it. The bullet says W-W 32 S&W. Anybody know what that means?
    The W-W is the headstamp identification.
    Winchester made 32 S&W caliber

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The S&W New Departure/ Lemon Squeezer/ Safety Hammerless was a successful design made from 1888 to just before WW2. There are 5 distinct changes made from beginning to end of the run and I think the 4th and 5th were good to go with smokeless powder. You need to run your serial number on the internet and get a date of manufacture.

They are great little guns. Easy to load and empty.

Top Bottom