• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    I'm helping a friend out to find a gun for his father. The father had a gun as a child that was stolen and has always talked about how he wants another one. The really only info that we have to go on is that it was a 32 Winchester Special lever action. He could not recall the exact model number. The gun was originally belonged to his father and was passed down.

I don't know alot about rifles so I thought this would be a goo place to start. Were there multiple model numbers for this rifle? He had thought it was a model 64 but my googlefu could find it. Any guru's out there willing to chime in?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Was basically an east coast deer rifle,

Older winchester 94 and marlin 336 were made but the winchesters mainly are pre 64 so you pay the premere price for that.

Here is one on G broker. Not an old one but should fit the bill as it seems clean and in the right caliber. Gun broker is going to be your friend on this one. Like I said I bet you find them mainly on the upper east coast of the US or maybe in KEN or TEN for nearby states.

Winchester model 94, 32 Special : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My Dad had a Marlin in .32 Special. When He died my Mom gave it to my uncle. Wish I could be more helpful, I will say the rifle was from the 60's to about '74

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    My dad has one in .32 winchester special, it's a winchester from 1912, but it's a saddle-ring carbine so it's quite valuable.

I think he wants to get around $2k out of it if you're interested.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    My LGS has 2 tucked in a corner NIB. One is a Winchester Canadian Pacific Commemorative in .32 Winchester I am sure. I cant remember what the other is but I remember its a 30-30. Its a purdy gun, too purdy for me. Im not sure of the price but give him a call.

Shooters
    660 Lincoln Highway West New Haven, IN 46774‎
    (260) 749-0900

Right outside of Ft. Wayne

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Grew up with both available in Grandpa's house in WV. Both are fine woods rifles, but not so good across plowed fields with iron sights. Both the Winchester Models 94 and 64 were available in both calibers. 30/30 ammo is a little easier to find these days, but that's the ONLY advantage. Both kill deer well on a stand

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I would recommend checking the LGS. The 32 special is a good cartridge and will take deer cleanly. The 32 special can be a little difficult to find, but One box should be plenty to sight in and hunt for a couple of years.

Top Bottom