• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    Hey guys, I'm deff not a newbie when it comes to reloading, but I do have a question. When I started reloading 338 lapua I was using hornady 250 gr spire points. I have noticed the rounds are hard to chamber, I have since also bought some sierra 250gr SBT bullets, they chamber just fine. Is there anything I can do with the hornady bullets to make them chamber nice and easy like the sierra bullets?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Check the diameter of the projectile, with a mike, or caliper, whatever you have, also is it the exact kind of brass..... Some brass is thicker than others...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check the seating depth on the Spire points, the Olgive could be different and causing the bullet to hit the rifling's, might try seating a little deeper.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    look at the O.A.L
    ALL SO IF YOU ARE LOADING HOT LOOK TO SEE IF A SMALL BASE FL DIE IS AVAILABLE

I doubt a small base die set would help since the problem has been described as bullet related. If you are still able to chamber the hornadys at the current OAL try seating 0.005-0.010" deeper. It may not sound like much but could make all the difference.

Top Bottom