35.7% of all children born to single mother(average,as high as 51%in some areas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Planned Parenthood is a racists dream corporation...It amazes me how deep Margaret Sanger's racist roots are. She actually got booted out of a Klan womens auxillary meeting in NJ according to her autobiography. You know when the klan boot you out for being a overzealous in your elimination of "the wrong type of children being born" that you are one sick puppy. Planned Parenthood is for certain that. It amazes me the number of liberals that support PPH financially and openly. I do not blame them, PPH has done a bang up job of shrouding their corporate murder mills under the lofty banner of "womens rights" and "breast cancer screenings". Too bad the roughly half of the female children aborted "rights" are ignored in their scramble for the mighty dollar.

Possibly the most ridiculous emotion filled non factual post I have seen in awhile.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yeah but if you are an independent and strong woman like Beyonce then you dont need a man, wait, she sang about men paying her telephone bills, then later sang about independent woman, then recently about loving her husband, then again about being fierce and dont need a man. So this is actually ok then right? Stupid libs.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Possibly the most ridiculous emotion filled non factual post I have seen in awhile.

Racial infantacide is an emotional subject for many folks...Your non response/response bears witness to that. The racists roots of PPH are real, you can either accept them or deny them but it doesn't make them any less factual....

BlackGenocide.org | The Truth About Margaret Sanger

and for balance here is your side explaining to us about "historical context" to make apologies for her..

Was Margaret Sanger a Racist?

Here is a little jewel of a line from "Feminists for Choice". I have to give Serena props though. She and I would not agree on much but we both agree that Ms. Sanger was a racist.

"Additionally, everyone is a little bit racist sometimes, myself included. No one is perfect. Owning up to one’s racism does not erase the accomplishments that someone has made on behalf of women. Women can vote today, and we have access to many different options of birth control. Without women like Margaret Sanger, who knows if we would be able to say that?"

Serena, "Freminists for Choice."

So even the feminist apologist admits she (Sanger) was a racist. But hey, without racist, bigots like Margaret sanger women may not have had the right to vote. Your side can't even make your argument for you...Or even try to. If it wasn't for all of the dead babies I could almost laugh.

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Actually Stephen King's "The Stand" borrowed very heavily from an older book called "The Bible" , the "Holy Bible", or in some places just "The Book". As a matter of fact most great literature stems from "The Book".

I always liked "The Stand" with it's Book of Revalations analogies and the clear distinction between Good and Evil. Remember what Hemingway once said, "Good writers write, Great writers steal." and King always stole from the best.;)

Since you seem to be into religious literature you may check out an atheist by the name of Christopher Hitchens. He felt "The Holy Bible, King James version" should be taught in school beginning in 3rd grade so that by the time a child reached 11th or 12th grade they would understand where the literature they were reading then stemmed from. I always thought it funny that one of the world's foremost atheists was the biggest advocate for teaching the Bible in school.
    Good Post...Very true...Most read for pleasure,entertainment,secular education.When I read my favorite Book it does not make me feel good about myself ! It in fact creates pressure to change for the better. 35.7% is a large number,and will break our economy.(If it is not already irreparably broken).

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    Racial infantacide is an emotional subject for many folks...Your non response/response bears witness to that. The racists roots of PPH are real, you can either accept them or deny them but it doesn't make them any less factual....

BlackGenocide.org | The Truth About Margaret Sanger

and for balance here is your side explaining to us about "historical context" to make apologies for her..

Was Margaret Sanger a Racist?

Here is a little jewel of a line from "Feminists for Choice". I have to give Serena props though. She and I would not agree on much but we both agree that Ms. Sanger was a racist.

"Additionally, everyone is a little bit racist sometimes, myself included. No one is perfect. Owning up to one’s racism does not erase the accomplishments that someone has made on behalf of women. Women can vote today, and we have access to many different options of birth control. Without women like Margaret Sanger, who knows if we would be able to say that?"

Serena, "Freminists for Choice."

So even the feminist apologist admits she (Sanger) was a racist. But hey, without racist, bigots like Margaret sanger women may not have had the right to vote. Your side can't even make your argument for you...Or even try to. If it wasn't for all of the dead babies I could almost laugh.

Congratulations. You found a one sided article on a such a well respected website. Give me a break. Let's get one thing straight. I don't care who Margaret Sanger is, or what her beliefs are. That is not the reason PPH was founded, and it is not the belief on which it take operates. You're a fool if you honestly believe that. I'm sorry, but let's take a look at the situation.

Have you ever seen the PPH police rounding mothers from various ethnic backgrounds up and toting them off into a forced abortion? Get real. Seriously. I'm sure most of our presidents had some predjudice beliefs, but you think that honestly affected their term in office. Time to smell the roses.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Planned Parenthood is a racists dream corporation...It amazes me how deep Margaret Sanger's racist roots are. She actually got booted out of a Klan womens auxillary meeting in NJ according to her autobiography. You know when the klan boot you out for being a overzealous in your elimination of "the wrong type of children being born" that you are one sick puppy. Planned Parenthood is for certain that. It amazes me the number of liberals that support PPH financially and openly. I do not blame them, PPH has done a bang up job of shrouding their corporate murder mills under the lofty banner of "womens rights" and "breast cancer screenings". Too bad the roughly half of the female children aborted "rights" are ignored in their scramble for the mighty dollar.

+1 for you...you are exactly right...it was started to reduce the US of black babies. I wish more black people would see how the Dems are using them...between the government plantation and planned parent hood the poor blacks and whites don't have a chance.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Congratulations. You found a one sided article on a such a well respected website. Give me a break. Let's get one thing straight. I don't care who Margaret Sanger is, or what her beliefs are. That is not the reason PPH was founded, and it is not the belief on which it take operates. You're a fool if you honestly believe that. I'm sorry, but let's take a look at the situation.

Have you ever seen the PPH police rounding mothers from various ethnic backgrounds up and toting them off into a forced abortion? Get real. Seriously. I'm sure most of our presidents had some predjudice beliefs, but you think that honestly affected their term in office. Time to smell the roses.

It is true....

BlackGenocide.org | Planned Parenthood

At least read the first few quotes.

Margaret Sanger
    Founder of Planned Parenthood
    In Her Own Words

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
    Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
    (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

Margaret Sanger (1883-1966)
    On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
    "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
    On sterilization & racial purification:
    Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
    Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:
    The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
    "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
    "This book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, I have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation." Margaret Sanger, Happiness in Marriage (Bretano's, New York, 1927)

On the extermination of blacks:
    "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
    In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On adultery:
    A woman's physical satisfaction was more important than any marriage vow, Sanger believed. Birth Control in America, p. 11

On marital sex:
    "The marriage bed is the most degenerating influence in the social order," Sanger said. (p. 23) [Quite the opposite of God's view on the matter: "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4)

On abortion:
    "Criminal' abortions arise from a perverted sex relationship under the stress of economic necessity, and their greatest frequency is among married women." The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On the YMCA and YWCA:
    "...brothels of the Spirit and morgues of Freedom!"), The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On the Catholic Church's view of contraception:
    "...enforce SUBJUGATION by TURNING WOMAN INTO A MERE INCUBATOR." The Woman Rebel - No Gods, No Masters, May 1914, Vol. 1, No. 3.

On motherhood:
    "I cannot refrain from saying that women must come to recognize there is some function of womanhood other than being a child-bearing machine." What Every Girl Should Know, by Margaret Sanger (Max Maisel, Publisher, 1915) [Jesus said: "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep... for your children. For, behold, the days are coming, in which they shall say, Blessed (happy) are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the breasts which never gave suck." (Luke 23:24)]

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

Margaret Sanger, Founder of Planned Parenthood, In Her Own Words

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I disagree and I tried to show you articles from two sources with opposing views on abortion. PPH has had to deal with Margaret Sangers racist past and I am just pointing out the background of a coproration that makes their profit by killing unwanted babies in predominantly minority neighborhoods. Those are facts and how you choose to process those facts are up to you. I never said PPH police were rounding up pregnant mothers and forcing them into abortion. As I said, the subject of racial based infantacide is an emotional issue so I do not hold your hyperbole against you. It's a tough subject on many different levels.

Here is an expose where a PPH worker had stated you can specify which minority groups you want your money to go for while making a donation i.e. specify which race of children you want killed (or aborted that sounds better). Unfortunatley I can find no feminist website to counter this video but ignoring it will not make it go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHeCOeoC_s

Good luck in your journey and search for the truth. I was where you are in my early twenties on the issue and making the switch to life is not that hard. All children (IMHO) at least deserve a shot at life and it's not up to us to decide whether they are going to be productive or not based on race, color, creed, or income of their parents. This is America and many successful people have risen up from the poverty and circumstances of their birth to become valued members of society. There are many choices that have to be made before a pregnancy and with the proliferation of condoms, spermicides, the pill, the patch, waiting for marriage (I know it's quaint but I had to throw it in there), the 50/50 shot "old school pull out" (those are not tears of sorrow on your belly my dear), or just the "Dag gone, your pregnant, let's get married" ( I know, another quaint one).

All Doctors (that I am aware of) with the exception of abortion doctors follow the creed of the "Hippocratic Oath" which is very clear on the subject.

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

Hippocratic Corpus, 5th century BC

The basic principle is that a Doctors job is to SAVE lives, not to take them.

As I said and I will say again. Good luck to you in your journey through life and all I will ask is that you consider (just consider) the idea that ALL should be given the same opportunity that your parents gave you.

Last edited:

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Washington, D.C. had the highest percentage of women with a birth in the previous year who were unmarried (51 percent), followed closely by Louisiana (49 percent), Mississippi (48 percent) and New Mexico (48 percent). The states with the lowest percentages were Utah (15 percent) and New Hampshire (20 percent).

The numbers varied by race as well. Among black women who had a birth in the last year, more than two-thirds (68 percent) were not married. The share for Asians was 11 percent; for non-Hispanic whites, 26 percent; and for Hispanics, 43 percent.

Rates of out-of-wedlock births vary tremendously by demographics like age and education. Among women 20 to 24 years old, for example, 62 percent of those who gave birth in the previous 12 months were unmarried. Among those 35 to 39, the share was 17 percent. The rate of births out of marriage were also lower for women with higher income and more education.

he metro areas with the highest rates of births to unmarried women were Flagstaff, Ariz. (74.6 percent)....rest at the New York Times,data is from Census.
    Mapping Unwed Motherhood - NYTimes.com

It is good to know there are boards that a discussion can be had about this. People like to cry racism. Facts can't be racist. As Senator Pat Moynihan once said "We are all entitled to our own opinions. We are not entitled to our own facts''

The problem is the liberals pander to the people effected in these broken homes yet the sinister part is the liberals do not want them to better themselves. Why? Because they know they can control their votes.

I have said slavery has gone from the cotton plantations of Alabama and Mississippi to the projects, welfare and food stamp rolls of our inner ciites. Instead of cotton they are now using the people to get votes.

The irony is the liberals are the real racists. Most just won't see it.

This is the cause of so much of our society's ills. The children are more likely to use drugs, be dependent on the government, be in gangs, be violent offenders.... Of course our society in a perverse way seems to celebrate this breakdown of the family structure.

And vote democrat. Thus disarming decent people so they have people to victimize.

I dislike the wording of this post labeling the problem as 'single mothers'. Why do we single them out for being the responsible one of the two creators of that life? It is the absent fathers that are the real problem here.

I married a woman that was a single mother because her previous husband decided he'd rather be single and play the game, hang out in bars, etc. She did everything possible to keep a nice home for them, feed her children, etc. All while the state did NOTHING about his refusal to pay child support. She once confided in me that she occasionally went to bed hungry because she had to make a decision between feeding herself or her children. The problem here is the men that walk out on their children. Not the women that stay behind and raise the children to their best ability.

Good for you man. Anyone can make a baby. it takes a man to be a father. I don't think the op was about women like you are talking about. More that many "baby mama's" are a huge part of the problem and its generational.

Election results 2008, 2012. Never happened when our nation had morals.

Last edited by a moderator:

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    And while we're at it, let's make it harder for kids to get proper sex education, prevent teens from getting contraception, make it hard to get the morning-after pill, and do everything possible to shut down Planned Parenthood. Then, let's act surprised when there are more out-of-wedlock births. Makes perfect sense.

+1
    Condoms should be easy and cheap for young people to acquire.
    They should be thrown from floats at parades.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    +1

And we could have teachers teaching it as well. Who needs reading and writing?

Because there is no way our kids are exposed to sex enough. No way, not in this day and age. Condoms are never available. I mean why can't they be at the grocery? In bathrooms at teen clubs? Why can't MTV have a like a show about teen mothers? Why can't more actresses have children out of wedlock to show how tough it is hiring a nanny to take care of your child? Why can't pop songs me more suggestive so a child will know where their "hoo ha" goes? The lack of sexual innuendo, suggestive song lyrics, and reality stars having their "secret porn tapes" posted online is terrible and we just need more.

Why can't there be more porn on the internet so a child could just google a sexual term and be slammed with all sorts of graphic images? Look at all of the teen pregnancies and unwed mothers in the 50's when we didn't have access. If we could only show more because sex is soooo very complicated that we need teachers, actresses, actors, activists, etc... to let them know how to do it.

A small school in South Park Colorado is really ramping it up and the rest of the Nation should follow suit...After all. It's for the children...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmIGXO1TFWw

Innocence and morals are like so yesterday...Let's ramp it up.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    This is the cause of so much of our society's ills. The children are more likely to use drugs, be dependent on the government, be in gangs, be violent offenders.... Of course our society in a perverse way seems to celebrate this breakdown of the family structure.

I think outlawing abortion or preventing wealthy gays the ability to adopt is the solution!

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    25% fatherless homes is a recipe for crime. 50% fatherless homes is a recipe for anarchy. Keep your doors and guns locked- this is only going to get worse.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    INDIUCKY QUOTE Because there is no way our kids are exposed to sex enough. No way, not in this day and age. Condoms are never available. I mean why can't they be at the grocery? In bathrooms at teen clubs? Why can't MTV have a like a show about teen mothers? Why can't more actresses have children out of wedlock to show how tough it is hiring a nanny to take care of your child? Why can't pop songs me more suggestive so a child will know where their "hoo ha" goes? The lack of sexual innuendo, suggestive song lyrics, and reality stars having their "secret porn tapes" posted online is terrible and we just need more.

I agree , our kids are not exposed to sex enough in the right way.
    Parents think their kids shouldn't learn about sex early on and make it the forbiden fruit so to speak and what does the kid do, go out and learn about it on his own, and those are the kids that need the condoms.
    We taught ours about sex starting as toddlers, when the cat had kittens we didn't tell them some stupid story about stork or something even more idiotic.
    We told them the truth, but we impressed upon them them that it was used in the proper time and place, and could mess up their plan for life if not.
    They are all past 18 and no grandchildren yet and I doubt they have had sex but you can never say never

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    +1

I agree condoms should not be impossible to get and I do believe in sex education at a reasonable time.

It is very simple we are supposed to be human beings. We should be able to control our urges, but immorality sparks future liberal voters and I am sure there is an agenda here from the left

We did not have these problems in the 50s. I wonder why?

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I agree condoms should not be impossible to get and I do believe in sex education at a reasonable time.

It is very simple we are supposed to be human beings. We should be able to control our urges, but immorality sparks future liberal voters and I am sure there is an agenda here from the left

We did not have these problems in the 50s. I wonder why?

Since when are condoms "impossible to get"? Last I checked they can be bought relatively cheaply from WalMart, almost all grocery and convenience stores, in many public restrooms, etc. I don't really see the excuse for those that do engage in premarital sex for not using one, other than not being taught to use one.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Since when are condoms "impossible to get"? Last I checked they can be bought relatively cheaply from WalMart, almost all grocery and convenience stores, in many public restrooms, etc. I don't really see the excuse for those that do engage in premarital sex for not using one, other than not being taught to use one.

Does it really matter how affordable condoms are?
    I would rather the government spend money on condoms instead of abortions and child care.

Do we really need to do any math to know which is cheaper?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Why should the government spend my money on ANY of those things?

As much as some may wish we are not going back to leave it to beaver days, and welfare is here to stay,so

How about we handle our poor in the most cost effective way possible, little rubber sheathes to keep from having unwanted mouthes to feed would be a good start.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As much as some may wish we are not going back to leave it to beaver days, and welfare is here to stay,so

How about we handle our poor in the most cost effective way possible, little rubber sheathes to keep from having unwanted mouthes to feed would be a good start.

I believe abortion should be against the law and all those who perform or obtain them should be in jail. I believe sex education in schools and contraception programs should be banned. When Bobby Sue can't have that abortion and goes to collect welfare and food stamps, I'll call her a welfare whore. When her little Johnny is hungry, I'll say tough ****, he can starve but I will work hard to make sure he has access to cheap 22 ammo to shoot. I'm a conservative.

Top Bottom