• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You saw it here folks 9mm at point blank range bounces off dogs head. If it aint 45acp or bigger it aint gonna work.

The rest of the story:

ca184d59dabd2c2ff0bbc4af0d533e7d.jpg

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I'm going to guess he did not. 3 shots?

I'd put even money on there never having been an armadillo. Sort of like the dog that runs out in front of teen drivers.
    I've taught my kids to never swerve to miss a critter and taught them this in the country where they had some practice.

The only thing I know about armadillos is that they can carry leprosy.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    You saw it here folks 9mm at point blank range bounces off dogs head. If it aint 45acp or bigger it aint gonna work.
    It was my brother telling me the story so I did not see it (thankfully, I still wish I had not heard it but it is what it is). For all I know he did not have a flat angle, or missed by a slight amount simply striking the skull at a glancing angle, I really don't know. I am just saying for personal defense, never assume that any shot will do the job instantly, you keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It was my brother telling me the story so I did not see it (thankfully, I still wish I had not heard it but it is what it is). For all I know he did not have a flat angle, or missed by a slight amount simply striking the skull at a glancing angle, I really don't know. I am just saying for personal defense, never assume that any shot will do the job instantly, you keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.
    Yeah, pistol ammo of any caliber can be ineffective based on a number of reasons. I once tried to dispatch a wounded whitetail buck by shooting it in the head with a Rem. 125 gr. JHP in .357 mag. It didn't work.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Sorry was not trying to bash your story just trying to make fun of 9mm. LOL im a 45 man. But I do want a glock in 9 so who cans say.
    No offense taken, I know the .45 9mm debate will go on after I am dead. He did switch to a Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum afterwards, he wasn't taking any chances. It was sad about the dog, but it did wake me up about thinking there was any one shot guarantee.

Top Bottom