• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I picked up some Herters ball .380 at Cabelas for something like 12 a box. Haven't shot any of it yet but will use it for practice.

I have a Bersa .380 CC which carries on extra round. Nicely built and nice shooter.

I also have a P3AT, not a nice shooter but a great pocket gun.

The .380 has the approximate power of an indian arrow from the old west.`
    Those arrows killed many a buffalo

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I picked up some Herters ball .380 at Cabelas for something like 12 a box. Haven't shot any of it yet but will use it for practice.

I have a Bersa .380 CC which carries on extra round. Nicely built and nice shooter.

I also have a P3AT, not a nice shooter but a great pocket gun.

The .380 has the approximate power of an indian arrow from the old west.`

A 380 can bring down charging buffalo?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa is a solid gun that fits that price point. What about a Keltec PF9? IIRC, I spent around $260 on the last one I bought. It's not the most fun gun to shoot, but 9mm is a lot cheaper than 380. You may have to decide where you feel the sting: your hand or your wallet.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMHO the Bersa is a pleasure to shoot. The pocket 380's are practical for carry but aren't range guns. The Bersa 380 feels like a full size 9mm to my hands at the range and I imagine that most would enjoy it.

The ammo cost is really the downside to the 380 and is the reason I decided to consolidate some to 9mm. :twocents:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you can find a used CZ 83 that you can get in your price range, you should jump on it. They don't often come up in that range, though, so you might have to wait a bit.

If this is for teaching your mother to shoot, and she doesn't like shooting a 9mm XD, then don't go with one of the pocket .380s. I have a Keltec with me right now (same as every day), but it's not a fun shooter. That Bersa is a much better choice... if you can't find that CZ!

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bersa, used Kel Tec, CZ 83, used LCP are probably your best bet. I would lean towards the Bersa or CZ if you want a range pistol. If you want to carry I'd search for a used Kel Tec or LCP.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa Thunder

Bersa Thunder is an outstanding pistol, especially
    at the price they get for them. Mine has been
    flawless, for many, many, many rounds.
    The bad part, is any 380 sucks. The cost of the
    ammo is really prohibitive for practice, unless money
    is no problem to you.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Bersa Thunder 380.

Outstanding firearms.

We have several in the family. It's likely one of my wife's favorite pistols.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have had a P3AT for a couple of years and have shot it a bunch. It goes off every time and really doesn't need much in the way of cleaning. Not a fun gun to shoot but it disappears in a pocket. I sanded some of the checkering on the grip so it is more comfortable to shoot.

H&SFarms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Southeastern Indiana
    I have a Ruger LCP and love it it a great pocket pistol. You can conceal it easy. I got mine on thankgiving day for about $280. I noticed mine hates cheap (herters, tula) but it will eat up Remington UMC. only thing i have done to this day is fluff and buff the feed ramp, but here soon I'm going to do something with the sights.

Top Bottom