• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Why is it so hard to find. Now I regret buying this new gun i should have just bought a 9mm :dunno:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I put my Walther .380 up along time go... no fun to shoot when your box costs as much as .45.... MY new 9mm though. I got to walmart and pay $101 for 500 rounds of 9lug!!!!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've seen it around at a few places. There should be some at the 1500 as well. They only do .380 runs every so often and the newer 380 guns being purchased has caused a drought. It's starting to become available again though.

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I went to Walmart in Valpo,Rensselaer,Monticello none of them had it and they tell me they never know when it will come in it just shows up

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Forgot all about Rural King I'm gonna call the one in Monticello now thanks guys for your help

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    My Wal-Mart does not carry any .45 or .380, but there is a spot for it... There is however about 5000 rounds of 9MM luger there. I can only find .380 @ Blythes and its insane how much it is

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I just ordered some Critical Defense from Wrigley. Picked up some fmj also. It's an IN company so they charge sales tax, but the shipping should be quick and to your door. Compared to internet sources, Walmart's price is not worth a trip there every day hoping to score 100 rounds IMO.

Our Catalog

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I see 380 starting to come in now

I have had a standard open order with my distributor for 380 and the past few weeks I am getting emails saying they have five boxes of various manufacturers available to add to my orders so I can save shipping. I still do not see much in the stores. Like someone mentioned in a previous post I am also selling quite a few 380 pistols, they are probably the most popular item with my customers. Ammo availability does not seem to be an issue with most buyers.

Last edited:

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    380 is a heck of a lot easier to find now than it was last year at this time. I've got enough now that I can actually pass it up if I see some at Wally World.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    380 is pretty easy to find and much cheaper too. $12-13/box of 50 I see all the time on various websites, that's including shipping if you order enough...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Cabelas and Bass always have it in stock. While not real fond of the caliber, my wife really loves her LCP, so that's what is important in my life....when she is comfortable with her weapon...

But check those two places out.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Check ableammo.com. If you order more than 10 boxes, they well sell it for a discount price and they were close to the price of 9mm luger as walmart.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    where ar these great deals?

Check ableammo.com. If you order more than 10 boxes, they well sell it for a discount price and they were close to the price of 9mm luger as walmart.

I just checked Ableammo and a couple other internet sites and don't find any super deals and a third of the brands are sold out. Not sure where you are looking. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Like someone mentioned in a previous post I am also selling quite a few 380 pistols, they are probably the most popular item with my customers. Ammo availability does not seem to be an issue with most buyers.

That is probably because a lot of people who buy handguns are not shooters. For some a 50 round box is enough to last a lifetime. Seven in the gun and 43 in the box. I for one am a shooter and the scarcity and price of .380 is an issue. Luckily there seems to be a good supply of .380 locally, though it is priced a little higher then I would like to see. Really no reason .380 should cost more then 9mm/.40S&W.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Agree

That is probably because a lot of people who buy handguns are not shooters. For some a 50 round box is enough to last a lifetime. Seven in the gun and 43 in the box. I for one am a shooter and the scarcity and price of .380 is an issue. Luckily there seems to be a good supply of .380 locally, though it is priced a little higher then I would like to see. Really no reason .380 should cost more then 9mm/.40S&W.

Firearms like the Ruger LCP are not "shooter" guns, they are a pocket gun you can take with you and it is comfortable to carry. Not a 45acp or 40S&W in stopping power but better than a empty hand when you need some protection. These are also popular with many first time gun owners and they do not use them as target guns. I have owned a couple LCP's as well as a S&W Sigma 380 and I would not want to shoot more than a half box thru either at any given time and surely not every week. People need ammo to break in their guns and practice but they don't buy ten boxes at a time. The 380 is a special purpose gun and does the job it was designed to do.I study ammo prices to be able to price my ammo and find that depending on the specific brand most in between $15 and $18 for a box of 50 FMJ. :twocents:

Top Bottom