• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Vote Bersa, had one many years ago. I have 3 kids ready to carry, and after looking at options, the Bersa has made it's way to the top of my list. Anyone have experience with the Walther or issues with the plastic tab above the trigger?

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    My Bersa 380CC fills that slot in my collection. Bersa doesn't have the big name or the advertising funds like other companys, but for the money their product is hard to beat. Agree on the Corbon DPX. Fill her up and go about your business.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Keep in mind a 380 will not stop someone jacked up on drugs. And in todays world if you injure them they will sue you.

Whoa.

Killing someone so they won't sue you?
    You need to rethink your strategy (and maybe your ethics??)
    Good luck, man.

A well placed .22 LR is a killer, same for a .380.

But honestly, I'm not sure why you'd want a .380 when there are plenty of reasonably prices pocket 9s.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Bersa if money is an issue. Can't beat it at the price point, but realize its a blow-back style pistol and will be heavier than the size would lead you to believe. That also makes it a comfortable pistol to shoot, though. My dad's arthritis had gotten to the point a 9mm was uncomfortable for him to shoot and he had trouble racking the slide, so I sold him my .380.

For a traditionalist with a bit more coin, Walther PPK is a solid choice.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Keep in mind a 380 will not stop someone jacked up on drugs. And in todays world if you injure them they will sue you.

I've seen an up close .380 shot break an adult's femur into 3 pieces and another where it went completely through an adult's abdomen and out his back.

Its on the bottom end of what I would consider an adequate handgun caliber, but if you do your part (and the range is reasonable) it will do its part, assuming quality ammo.

surferfox72

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    south bend
    thank you, at least you guys in this thread were nice to me and super helpful. Bersa it is. On my other thread, those guys were so mean I wanted to just close my accent in here.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I wouldn't get rid of my LCP for nothing! Its my edc. Eats hollowpoints without a hitch. The only ammo it didnt care for was WWB. Has shot everything else Ive found just fine and I have probably tried 6 different brands with 2 different kinds of hollowpoints. I find it quite controllable and accurate. Great pistol for ususally $300 otd. I have a pocket holster as well as a Fobus.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Take a look at a small revolver in .38SPL. Far more reliable. More powerful. Still easy to conceal. I have a TCP. I tried the Ruger LCP, too. Prefer my son's small revolver.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I saw it earlier in the post but I have to add the Bersa Thunder 380. I bought one for my wife and after 1000 plus rounds no problems. I really enjoy shooting it as well.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sig P230/232 380s are great pistols. Well made, accurate and dependable DA/SA. I carry one from time to time. :yesway:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Unfortunately the new big issue with the Bersa Thunder 380 is why wouldn't you get the Bersa BP9CC?

Very close in size. Not that much more money. In fact you'd make up the price difference in ammo costs in no time. More "Stopping Power". Same Bersa quality.

In effect, the biggest negative to the Thunder 380 is their own new 9mm...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FWIW, I will occasionally carry a Kel Tec or a Ruger 380 pistol. Both are about the same. The Ruger looks a little nicer. Both function the same. Pull the trigger and they go bang.

:dunno: You need to brush up on your Indiana law. If you shoot someone and its a justified shoot in accord with the law, then the perp can NOT sue you if he survives, nor can his surviving family if he does not survive.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    The new Colt Mustang

IMG_0551_zpsff9cf43c.jpg

:yesway:

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    got a bersa cc .380 for my wife. she loves it, and so do I. my edc is a n xds in .45 acp, but I do enjoy the .380 for a change of pace once in a while. also its a nice weapon for the price.

Top Bottom