• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sometimes with old guns you will be looking at a good part of the overall price of a gun in the magazine alone, if you can find them at all. I've had mixed results with Triple K mags, some are garbage but some work well with a little help. Out of the box a generous application of Ballistol and working the spring/follower up and down with a piece of wood helps get them ready.

Mags for the family of old Colt 38 Autos I've had good luck with like this Pocket Hammer. All of these guns shoot 38 ACP which is just 38 Super cases loaded to a lower velocity and I use a cast lead bullet. Loaded up to the max of 7 this mag had no issues with an afternoon's shooting.

Really just a shortened Colt 1902 the Pocket Hammer found buyers looking for something with more punch than a 1903 Hammerless but smaller size than the 1902. It fades out in the 1920s. The period Clark holster I bought for a 1911 but it's a little small and the spring had trouble holding it. Swapping in the Pocket Hammer it was a perfect fit.

ph.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I’ve had hit or miss quali with TripleK mags. Like you say, they make them for some otherwise unavailable handguns.
    I’ve always wanted a ‘pre-1911’ Colt of some sort to play with. I load 38acp for an old (1920’s-30’s era) Llama 1911 style pistol.

Top Bottom